Chapter 137

Y/N woke up with a searing pain shooting up his arm. The floor beneath him felt ice cold, and to his surprise, he couldn't feel anything below his right elbow. When he opened his eyes, Y/N found himself lying on the floor of the treehouse. As he surveyed the area, the only people he could see were JiU, Hyewon and Wonyoung.

"You're awake."

JiU's voice was accompanied by a gasp from Hyewon. Without a moment's pass, Hyewon hugged Y/N as tears streamed down her face.

"I'm so glad you're okay..."

Y/N lifted his arms in an attempt to hug his girlfriend back, only to realize the condition of his right arm.

"Y-Ya- What happened to my arm?!"

"I snapped it off." JiU replied.

Y/N's breath hitched.

"Y-You what?!"

"I snapped it off. Your hand, and forearm, had been completely charred. So in order to stop further damage to your body, I snapped your hand off. You're lucky you weren't incinerated on the spot."

Y/N looked around the room, then back at JiU.

"Your way of speaking..."

Y/N glanced at JiU's neck, noticing that the dark spot had disappeared.

"Yes. You are correct."

Y/N looked at his slightly blackened right arm, realizing a major problem.

"Ya- My tie is gone!!"

"That it is."

Y/N's eyes darted towards Hyewon who stared at the floor.

"What happened to our tie?!"

"Without a medium to attach you two, the tie doesn't exist."

"W-We're no longer tied??"

"Correct."

"W-What's going to happen to us?"

"Many things could happen to you."

"Like what?"

"Things could stay as normal. You're still tied to Chaewon unnie after all."

"I am?"

Y/N looked at his perfectly healthy left arm, spotting the slightly comforting mint colored tie that phased through the floor.

"So... What happened back there?"

This question caught both Wonyoung's and Hyewon's attention as they both turned their heads to JiU.

"There was a massive build-up of flow in your tie. Do you remember me mentioning that the tie evolves? That's what your tie did. It evolved to passively absorb flow over the course of the last few days. This flow built up in your tie to the point that it negatively affected you. That's why you had problems with maintaining your consciousness so often. Like all cases of overflow, the flow had to escape the tie. Hyewon unnie wasn't a medium that the flow could exit through, as her body had subconsciously built a blockade to prevent flow from entering and exiting. With nowhere else to go, the immense content of flow flooded into Y/N's body manifesting itself as the primordial element that his body naturally resonated with. This caused a fire spout to burst from Y/N's hand. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but since your body isn't built to actually manipulate primordial elements, it had massive repercussions. Repercussions that you can clearly see. The fire ended up completely charring Y/N's arm to the point of no return, effectively destroying the connection Y/N had to the tie. However, because the flow had already entered, and stockpiled itself in Y/N's body, it continued to exit through the form of fire. Only once I snapped Y/N's singed arm, the flow exited his body all at once. He's lucky that his body didn't explode from it as well."