Chapter 142

Y/N shivered in his spot, adding more and more blankets on top of himself as he tired to keep himself warm.

"W-Why is it so c-cold??"

The water on the bridge froze over, causing some to slide into the treehouse. The cycle continued, surrounding the ground around Y/N with ice. Ji Seok ran up the stairs, catching everyone's attention.

Chaewon jogged over to the small boy, hugging him for warmth.

"Where have you been?!"

Ji Seok tossed the heat pack at Y/N who caught it with great difficulty.

"W-What is this? Did JiU give this to you?"

"Yes."

"Is it some magical item?"

"No. It's a heat pack."

"H-Huh..."

"She's on the way though."

"D-Do you know when she'll get here?"

"Uh... Right now?"

As if on queue, JiU walked up the steps. Everyone looked at the small girl, comforted by her presence.

JiU rubbed the sides of her arms.

"Yeesh... It's cold here. Who turned on the AC?"

Y/N relaxed his body as JiU walked towards him, causing another wave of frost to radiate from his body.

"Ya. Go back to how you were."

Y/N's body strained once more as he tried his best to follow orders.

"This won't hurt very much."

Hyewon watched intensely as JiU walked behind the freezing man.

"What are you going to do?"'

"Knock him out."

"What?!"

Before Y/N could turn around, JiU chopped the back of his neck, knocking him out on the spot.

"He can't do anything, if he's not conscious."

The frost in the room began to recede as the temperature rose, matching that the outside atmosphere.

"This guy... This is why you should be careful of what you wish for."

JiU turned to the others present in the room.

"Next time it gets cold with me gone, you should just throw him into the warm river. Had I arrived a few minutes later, Oppa would have died of hypothermia."

Hyewon's eyes widened, "Really?!"

"Yeah."

JiU threw a gun shaped item on the ground.

"This shoots out a bullet that makes a thick trail of smoke. Shoot it in the sky if something bad happens."

"Define bad." Ji Seok interrupted.

"I don't know. If Y/N starts shooting out fire again or something, shoot it in the sky."

"What if I'm in a place with something over me?"

"Like a cave? I guess run out and shoot it in the sky. You guys shouldn't be deep in a cave anyway. As for the forest, there shouldn't be a problem. If you're in a building... Just leave."

Hyewon grabbed the small gun, examining it.

"This thing is small."

"Very portable. Try shooting it."