Chapter 133

Y/N stared at the ties connecting him to Hyewon and Chaewon.

If this were to be severed, what happens then? I'd have to get a job and live a normal life right? Sure, I'd still be connected to Hyewon ah and the others, but I'd have to go on with my life as normal since I'm only here because I can't be anywhere else... As for the progression of these things, I was told that I was sleeping a lot because the tie was progressing, but I don't feel anything...

"I wonder what it would be like to be in those alternate realities that JiU ah mentioned..."

"What was that?"

Y/N turned to Hyewon.

"Oh, nothing."

Hyewon nodded before returning to her chat with Chaewon.

I could ask her to show me. I'm sure she wouldn't care since she's already shown me a lot of things.

The sound of rustling grass alerted Y/N of the girl's presence.

I should ask her right now since we don't have anything to do.

Y/N waited for JiU's head to appear from the steps to stand up. As Y/N approached JiU, the small girl raised an eyebrow.

"JiU ah."

"Yes?"

"Can I talk to you in private?"

"How private?"

"Uh..."

"Follow me."

"Okay."

JiU led Y/N to the outskirts of the camp where the fire from the campfire dimly lit the area.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"I was wondering if you could show me some of those alternate realities that you talked about."

"What made you want this?"

"I kind of wanted to know what they were like."

"You have an ulterior motive here."

"I feel powerless..."

"And how would seeing alternate realities help you feel less powerless?"

"I don't know. Part of it is just curiosity, and the other part is me trying to sate my feeling of helplessness."

"What sparked this?"

"I was just thinking about my tie. Even though this amazing thing happened to me, nothing ever happens. Everything that happens around here revolves around you, Wonyoung ah, Chaewon ah, or Minju ssi..."

"Ah... You know, the less things you can do with the tie the better, right? It varies case by case, but for the most part, the less you can do with the tie, the less of an impact it has on your brain in the event that it is severed."

"But if the other two are going to suffer from the tie being severed, then I don't see why I shouldn't at least be there with them."

"That is some interesting logic there..."

"Anyway, are you able to?"

"The question is, what can I not do?"

"Right."

JiU snapped her fingers, displacing both of them. Y/N looked around, observing the scenery around him.

"Where are we?"

"In an Alternate Reality."

"An alternate reality?"

A translucent color caught Y/N's eye as he looked down.