Chapter 146

Y/N ruffled his hair.

"FUUUUCK MAAAAAAN... I THOUGHT I DID SOMETHING."

Chaewon giggled, "I mean, you did do something... It's just you kind of forgot a fundamental part of your plan."

"The fuck does ice look like??"

"Is it not a hexagon as well?"

Y/N turned to Ji Seok.

"How do you know that?"

"I have a basic high school education. I'm in the twelfth grade after all."

"But how do you remember that? That's not something I remember."

"Because I delved deeper into molecular structure last year."

"Ah. So... Do you know how a block of ice would actually look like?"

"No. I just know it has a hexagonal shape. I remember it has four protrusions that probably allow it to link up, but I don't know where it is."

The group sat in silence.

"Now that I think about it, you could probably find out if you draw out the hydrogen bonds."

Y/N shook his head.

"That's too much work for me. Maybe I should ask JiU ah to draw it out for me."

"Draw what?"

Y/N turned his head.

"Oh, Hitomi ssi. I was saying I think I might ask JiU ah to draw out the molecular structure of ice."

"Ice?"

Hitomi walked over to the spot where Y/N stood.

"Oh, you're drawing a crystal lattice. Ice looks somewhat similar to this."

The bread lover picked up the stick, using it to draw in the dirt.

"You can start off with the hexagonal shape that you originally had, but then you draw hydrogen here. If you pay close attention to the hydrogen bonds, you can find where you place the other molecules to which..."

Hitomi continued drawing.

"You end up with this."

Y/N furrowed his eyebrows.

"What the hell? How do you guys know this??"

"I was number one in my class. I think I'm just an outlier. Who else were you referring to?"

"Ji Seok ssi."

"He's a clone of JiU who had a unit going over molecular structure while she was Ji Hoon."

"You knew about that?"

"Yeah, I used to watch him do his homework whenever Wonyoung ah was a sleep while he visited. It never lasted long since he completed each page in a few minutes, but it was fun."

"Why am I not surprised... Are there any other super geniuses in this group?"

"Wonyoung ah was pretty smart in school. Apparently she was somewhat comparable to Ji Hoon ah. I think she talked about entering math competitions in elementary school, learning how to play some instruments, and swim. I think she said she played the flute, piano and violin. I know she definitely played the violin because she recently said she missed playing the violin with JiU ah. She also scored a one hundred percent on her GED in math, language and English. Minju unnie knows how to play the guitar, sogeum, pipe, danso, recorder and piano. She also has a certificate in Chinese characters, and was rank three in her class. Kkura chan was very smart, getting pretty good scores in middle school and even studied to become a doctor, so she knows a lot of first aid. Hyewon unnie is really good at problem solving as well as math. Chaeyeon unnie is really good at speaking Japanese, along with Minju unnie, Yujin, and Wonyoung. Yuri ah and Chaewon unnie have been in singing competitions since they were really young, and Eunbi unnie was really good at science. She also studied in law school to become a lawyer."

Y/N stood in awe at the words that just came out of Hitomi's mouth.

"You probably could have asked Eunbi unnie for a diagram of ice and she would have drawn it better than I did."

"Wait- How come you didn't mention Nako ssi?"

"Oh- I forgot. She used to study with me while we had just entered Korea. She's also really good at ballet."

"What about Yena ssi?"

"She's an idiot."

The group burst into laughter. 

"I'm sure she's had some accomplishments in the past. If not anything, then I'll she's probably the best idol in the group. She's really good at singing, dancing and rapping. I envy her sometimes."

"Wow... I'm really surprised you guys are so smart while being idols..."

"Really?" Hyewon asked, "All of this information was mentioned on the show Problematic Men. I think that's why she said those specific things."

Y/N blinked, "Really? I didn't watch that episode... I just watched a clip of Hyewon ah solving the alphabet problem."

Hyewon smiled, "You watched that?"

"Yeah, I used to watch videos on YouTube of you."

Hitomi shook her head as she started back to camp.

"You guys are being to cheesy. Even for me."

Y/N chuckled, "Thank you for helping me."

"Mhm."

Y/N stared at the diagram drawn by the local bread loaf.

"If that's what ice looks like, then I should be able to just..."

Y/N closed his eyes. As he held his hand out, Y/N's concentration levels reached an all time high. Suddenly, a clear rod of ice appeared in front of him.

"Woah..."

Y/N opened his eyes to see a long pole of ice floating in front of him.

"I did it... I DID IT!!!"

Y/N grabbed the pole.

"AH- SHIT."

Y/N dropped the pole onto the ground, shaking his hand.

"Cold..."

"Yeah no shit," Chaewon retorted, "You're trying to grab ice. I don't know what you expected."

Y/N looked at the rod on the ground, frowning as it rolled in the dirt.

"It looked nice as well..."

Hyewon took the pole into her hands, tossing it into the river as fast as she could.

"You can probably wear gloves if you wanted to hold that thing."

Y/N nodded.

"I at least know how to make it now."

"Oppa."

Y/N turned to Chaewon, "Yes?"

"This is cool, and all... But when are you going to use this?"

"I don't know, but it's cool to be able to do it."

Chaewon nodded, "That makes sense. It's okay to know how to do these things, I was just curious."

"You can make ice cubes whenever you want." Hyewon giggled.

Y/N smiled as he formed on in the palm of his hands.

"You're right."

"You could probably make a lot of money making things out of ice if you wanted."

"Like ice sculptures?"

"Yeah. If you're able to morph ice to shape whatever you wanted, you could make a lot of money off of it."

"That's true."

Y/N tossed the ice cube into the river.

"Okay, we're done here."

As soon as he took a step, Y/N immediately fell to the ground.

"Y/N!!"