Chapter 144

"Y/N... Y/N~"

Startled, Y/N stuck his hand out unknowingly shooting a blast of ice. The sound of the ice shattering instantly woke him up, sending his eyes in every direction to find out where the ice landed. When he looked below him, Y/N's heart dropped to his feet.

"H-Hyewon ah!!!"

Y/N cradled the woman in his arms. Her cold, limp body sent Y/N into a state of shock.

"No... I never should have gotten these powers..."

Y/N looked around in search of JiU, the one person who could save the situation.

"JiU ah!!! Where are you?!"

The treehouse was empty yet Y/N kept shouting.

"Please!!!"

I don't want to leave her side... But what if she dies because I couldn't get her treatment?

Hope surged through Y/N as he searched the area for the smoke gun JiU gave Hyewon.

"It has to be somewhere around here... I know it is."

Y/N frantically searched everywhere, flipping blankets in hopes that the small gun would be there.

I can't find it-

Y/N snapped his neck towards Hyewon, watching her lose the color in her skin.

I'm already away from her... I need to find JiU ah.

Y/N ran to the window, finding no one. His next stop was the other treehouse, finding no one there as well.

Where is everyone?!

Y/N fell to his knees as he realized the entire area was devoid of any signs of the group, and by extension, his savior.

No...

Y/N slid himself back to Hyewon's side, holding her head in his arms.

"I'm so sorry Hyewon ah... Please... Don't leave me... You're all I have..."

Tears streamed down Y/N's face as the helplessness settled in him.

"You..."

Y/N's eyes darted to his girlfriend.

"Hyewon ah?? Don't speak. I'm going to find you help!"

"You're nothing... without the tie."

The sharp words pierced Y/N's chest like a barbed piece of metal.

"No... You don't mean that..."

"Y/N..."

Y/N wept as the woman in his arms continued to berate him.

"Y/N!!"

Y/N sat up in a cold sweat accompanied by Hyewon right next to him. As he scanned the room, he found the other inhabitants staring at him, worried. Y/N's attention immediately focused on Hyewon who held her hand on his cheek.

"Are you okay?"

Y/N rubbed his eyes.

"Y-Yeah... It was just a nightmare."

"What was it about?"

Y/N shook his head, "Nothing important. It didn't have any meaning."

"I see."

In the corner of his eye, Y/N spotted JiU shaking her head.

She knows what happened...

Y/N gulped as he suddenly felt out of breath. Each time he glanced at Hyewon, he could only see her cold, lifeless body.