Chapter 46

Hitomi grabbed the pan of cookies out of the oven.

Wonyoung stood at the door, "Hurry Unnie! I want to see him!"

"Patience Wonyoung," Yena warned, "If we drop these cookies, then we're going to have to wait longer to head over."

Hitomi set the tray down, "I'm going to pack these and then we can head over."

Yena looked at the bread loaf, "I thought we were eating lunch first."

"He said we can eat over there."

"You texted him?"

"Of course, we're not going to go knocking on his door without letting him know we're coming over first. You know he hates when we do that."

"Are we going to pick something up on the way there?"

"No he's cooking something right now."

"Yessss! I missed his cooking."

"We just had it a couple weeks ago."

"And? Kkura unnie can't cook on the level that he can. It's like we're eating from God's Menu whenever he cooks for us. After we eat his cooking, we can't eat anything else or else it'll taste bland."

"I think you're overexaggerating it."

Wonyoung beamed a bright smile, "I agree with Yena unnie."

"Of course you'd agree with her."

Hitomi put the lid on the container, "Alright, let's go."

Wonyoung bolted out the door followed closely by Yena.

"Aish those two..."

Hitomi walked to the car and drove the other two to Ji Hoon's house.

Slowly, Wonyoung approached the door and held her hand up in preparation to knock.

Please let this work...

Yena broke her trance, "Wonyoung ah are you okay?"

Wonyoung turned around and smiled, "Y-Yeah."

Shortly after Wonyoung knocked on the door, Ji Hoon opened the door causing the maknae to jump on the unsuspecting boy.

Yena leaned towards Hitomi, "He seems different in person and he hasn't even said anything."

"I'm thinking the same thing."

The other two walked into the house going their own ways with Yena heading to the couch and Hitomi heading to the kitchen.

"What did you guys want to talk about?"

The room became silent.

Yena stood up, "Wonyoung ah, can you head upstairs?"

"Eung."

Shortly after Wonyoung's footsteps became faint, Yena gestured for Ji Hoon to sit on the adjacent couch to her. Ji Hoon and Hitomi walked over to the living room and sat down.

"Ji Hoon ah." Yena paused.

Ji Hoon looked at them with a blank face, eyes void of anything, "Hm?"

"We're worried. Please tell us, are you going through the same thing as earlier?"

"What do you mean?"

Hitomi joined the conversation, "Are you becoming apathetic again?"

"Ah," Ji Hoon took a deep breath, a smile starting to form on his face, "Is that what you guys came here for?"

The two girls looked at each other worried, their hearts racing.

"Y-Yeah." Hitomi replied.

"Thank you for your concern, but don't worry hehe. I've just been really tired lately. As you know, finals is starting to approach which means I've got to commit more time to school which means less free time."

Wonyoung hid behind the wall the separating her and the others.

Oppa... Please... Tell them. Let them help you...

"Is that why?" Yena looked with worried eyes, "You can talk to us if you need to you know. We might not be able to provide advice as you already know everything we would say, but it's nice to let things out every once and a while you know?"

"I know Noona, thank you."

Hitomi continued to stare at Ji Hoon.

You're lying. Your eyes are dead. Has Yena unnie picked up on this as well?

Ji Hoon let out another smile and started walking towards the kitchen when Hitomi grabbed his arm.

"Cut the shit. You know damn well I'm not buying those lies."

Yena gasped, "Tomi?!"

Ji Hoon took another deep breath and turned around, "I've never seen you like this."

"You're pissing me off. That's why I'm like this."

"Tomi watch your language!" Yena whisper shouted.

Ji Hoon looked down at the bread loaf, "Why?"

"Don't give me that. I can see that your eyes are dead and your facial expressions are fake as well. You're not the Ji Hoon that I knew from months ago. You used to be more energetic than Yena and Yujin combined. Now look at you, lying to us and acting like everything's okay when we know that things are definitely not okay."

Wonyoung clenched her fists behind the wall.

Please Oppa, at least let me talk to them about it! Things will get better if we work together!

"We have known each other for years now. Did you not think that I'd see right through all of your shit? Huh? Every single time you come over, you resemble your old self less and less. Are we the reason why you're like this?! If we are, then why the fuck do you not at least talk to one of us about it?! I've been holding this back for so long and acting like I didn't know, but I've known the entire fucking time!"

Yena stepped towards the screaming member, "Tomi, calm down."

"How can I calm down when he treats us like we're stupid? Huh? I know you're not a normal human being Ji Hoon ah, but that doesn't mean we're below you. We have been and still are here trying our damn hardest to try to keep shit from hitting the fan, and yet here you are pushing us away! Why? Why?!," Hitomi paused, "ANSWER ME HONDA JI HOON. ANSWER ME GOD DAMNIT."

Yena grabbed Hitomi's arm, "Tomi! Nothing good is going to happen if you keep yelling!"

Hitomi took and deep breath and let go of Ji Hoon's arm, tears flowing down her cheeks. Wonyoung was about to take a step when her breath hitched and she froze.

OPPA PLEASE!

Tears were starting to well in Wonyoung's eyes. Ji Hoon took a step towards the crying bread loaf. Slowly, he lifted his hand, his face a dead stare. Yena looked back towards Ji Hoon, eyes wide open and full of fear. Wonyoung tried with all of her might to move, but only got her head into the view of the event. Just enough to watch Ji Hoon.

OPPA DON'T!!!

In one swift motion, Ji Hoon's hand landed on the back of Hitomi's head.