Chapter 129

Hyewon walked through the forest, admiring all of the luminescent shades and tints of colors surrounding her.

"This place looks so nice!!! I can't believe we could have gone our entire lives without seeing this!"

Y/N looked around, "Yeah..."

Hyewon walked for what seemed like forever until she heard the sound of waves crashing.

"Let's go check out the cliff!"

"Okay."

She's like a child in a candy store. Cute...

Y/N followed Hyewon towards the edge of the island, taking in the boundless view in front of him.

"This is quite nice..."

"I second that."

Y/N looked at the crystal clear water below him.

"I can see all of the fish below too."

"That makes me wonder why we didn't see any earlier when we were in the water."

"I'm not sure."

"Hmm..."

Y/N's vision began to blur in and out.

Huh??

Hyewon looked towards her boyfriend, who swayed in place.

"Y/N?"

Suddenly, Y/N began to fall forward. Hyewon immediately bolted towards Y/N and grabbed his wrist. Y/N's weight pulled Hyewon towards the edge, but she stabilized herself before she could be dragged off the edge as well.

"Y/N!"

Y/N's unconscious body hung off the edge of the cliff at threat of falling into the roaring waves below.

Hyewon closed her eyes and tightened her grip on Y/N's arm.

Please! Someone! JiU ah! Eunbi unnie!! Help me!!!

As if her prayers were answered, Hyewon felt someone grab ahold of her body and pull towards the forest.

Hyewon looked behind her, "Chaewon?!"

"Shut up and pull!!"

The two girls pulled on Y/N's arm slowly bringing up back up cliffside.

"I'm going to pull him up! Don't let go Unnie!"

Hyewon nodded, letting Chaewon rush over and lift Y/N onto the land. Once safely away from the cliffside, the two girls fell onto their knees, breathing heavily. Hyewon's mind rushed back and forth, bringing a flurry of thoughts she couldn't interpret rushing through her head.

The two girls sat in silence until they were able to collect themselves.

Chaweon took a deep breath, "How did this happen?"

"I don't know. We were admiring the view when he suddenly fell over."

"Is there some condition he has that we don't know? Is he afraid of heights?"

Hyewon's heart dropped, "No, not that I know of..."

If he is, then that means this is all my fault...

Tears welled up in Hyewon's eyes as the thought of her being the cause of her boyfriend's death overcame her.

"Unnie."

Hyewon snapped out of her trance.

"It's not your fault."

Hyewon sighed and stared at Y/N.