Chapter 178

WARNING: These next three chapters get quite dark. If you cannot handle mentions of gore, rape, or torture, please do not read on ahead. Viewer discretion is advised.

A/N: If you have already read the oneshot, "Alternate Timeline 705," You can essentially skip these next three chapters since I'm spreading the oneshot out while adding extra details and scenes. I will try to post supplementary one shots in the meantime as an apology.

JiU dug through her closet, pulling out a pair of sweatpants which matched her fitted hoodie.

"You made sure to spend time with Unnie, right?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, are you ready to depart?"

"Depart? Sure... How long will it take?"

"It won't take long. In this world, it'll appear as if only a second passed."

"What about for us?"

"For us... Well... However long we spend there is how long it'll feel like we spend there."

"I see. And this is to show me what happens when I let the power get to my head?"

"Yeah. I hope you're mentally prepared, because this could have some negative consequences."

"Uh... Okay."

"Stand straight, and take a deep breath."

Y/N straightened his back, taking as deep of a breath as he could. As soon as JiU touched his back, Y/N felt everything around him warp. The dorm turned into a city block, and the atmosphere grew thick. Despite not feeling anything, the man could tell that something was wrong. To Y/N's shock, when he opened his eyes, everything was destroyed. Buildings stood low, glass littered the streets with destroyed cars flipped, and fire engulfing everything in sight.

"Ya... What happened here?"

"Just watch."

JiU's low tone put Y/N on edge. The man observed the surrounding area, looking in every possible direction for the source of the havoc, eventually finding a blood curdling scene.

In front of himself, Y/N could see himself. Yet it was nothing like looking in a mirror. Everything about him felt off. The way he carried himself, his outfit, the presence emitted from him. Behind the alternate version of himself, Hyewon and Chaewon hovered, encapsulated in  what looked like ice. Their ties had still connected to that version of himself.

"What's going on here... What happened to-"

"Hush."

"You're weak Ji Hoon!"

Y/N looked in front of his malicious counterpart, finding a battered kid resembling that of Ji Hoon prior to his rebirth as JiU.

"You can't even kill me!!"

"I won't give up on you Hyung. I know you're still somewhere in there..."

"Look around you! Everything is destroyed!! You couldn't save anyone! Except your precious Wonyoung."

"You will never lay a hand on her."

"Oh really?? That's pretty bold coming from you. Every moment I spend around you, is more power for me! I'm sure you know already, but these two behind me are drawing your powers away from you. Eventually, I'll be able to locate your precious girlfriend, and you won't like what I'll do to her!!"

Y/N felt the density of the air change. When he looked at Ji Hoon, he was surprised to see him completely calm. However, when he eyed the girl beside him, he saw the "innocent" JiU completely gone. The only thing he could feel emit from the girl was bloodlust.

Ya... This isn't good...

The alternate Y/N darted his gaze around, clearly distracted from the boy in front of him.

Y/N furrowed an eyebrow.

Can he feel JiU ah's bloodlust?

A few seconds later, the air returned back to normal, causing the alternate Y/N to chuckle as he looked back towards the battered boy in front of him.

"So that did get to you."

Ji Hoon stood still, unphased by the older man's words.

"Release those two."

"Really? You think talking's going to do anything??"

Without giving the boy in front of him any time to say anything, Y/N 705 dashed forward, swinging a sword made of ice. To Y/N's surprise, Ji Hoon struggled to block it.

"Why isn't he doing anything??"

"He doesn't want to kill him." JiU replied, "If he doesn't want to kill him, then there's no reason to use any more power than necessary. His lack of power also works in his favor as it reduces the amount of power siphoned by your counterpart."

"Oh... I see..."

"Fight back Ji Hoon! I know you want to!!"

"I will not. I will save you no matter what."

"Why do you care about me, huh? You're nerfing yourself for no reason! Think, Ji Hoon. Think!! Do you remember what I did to Yena? Or Nako?? How about the things I did to your treasured Hitomi!! It was hilarious watching her scream in agony as I dismembered one by one!!!"

Y/N felt his heart grow heavy at the thought of anything happening to the treasured members he had grown to love and care about.

"Do you remember Eunbi's face when she watched all of her members get slaughtered brutally?! The agony on her face as I disemboweled her and left her to bleed out?!?! Come on!! Fight back!!!"

A grin grew on Y/N 705's face as he laughed maniacally.

"Oh, right! You don't have the heart to!!"

Y/N 705 swung his fist, landing a clean blow on Ji Hoon's cheek sending the boy back a few meters.

"You're weak and you know it!! That's why you're not fighting back! You fear that you might not even be able to win!"

Suddenly, Y/N 705's eyes darted towards Y/N's direction.

"Oh?" A malicious grin grew on Y/N 705's face, "Lookie here, Ji Hoon. Your counterpart brought a version of me to watch!"

Ji Hoon's eyes glowed, widening as he laid eyes on the pair.

"This one's pretty cute. What a nice, calm, face she's making. She's also kind of small..." Y/N 705's eyes ran down, "Yet gifted... I'd love to break her."

"Your fight is with me, Hyung. Don't focus on them."

"I could slaughter you right here if I wanted to. In fact-"

Y/N 705 swung his right arm laterally, sending a blade of flames flying towards Ji Hoon.

Right before the attack could land, the flames dispersed. Following the dispersion of the flames, an omni-directional gust of wind blew outwards from Y/N 705, extinguishing all surrounding fires.

Shock filled Y/N's face.

"What just happened??"

JiU sighed, "Right... You can't see them. I'll help you with that."

JiU waved her hand in front of Y/N's face, revealing a completely different world.

Around Y/N 705, five people emerged from nothingness hovering different weapons over the man's neck, each donning their own form or outfit.

Who are those people? Are those other versions of JiU ah?