Chapter 28: The disaster

I woke up with a huge grin on my face. I don't know why but, I feel really happy today. I rubbed my eyes and got ready to school. After I got ready, I decided to do a ponytail instead of leaving my hair loose.

~At school~

I was walking to school and saw everyone smiling and saying hi to me. I smiled eyes closed as I saw Natsu ignoring Gray's fight to hug Lucy which I found so adorable.

Anyways, I entered the classroom and took a seat next to Lucy.

She blushed as she was talking to Natsu which was at her right sitting down.

Gray sat in front of me and I laughed and he said "What's so funny?"

I shrugged and said "Nooothig, is just that I can't help but think that your jealous."

"Jealous? About what?"

"Oh ya know, about Natsu being with Lucy and totally ignoring your fight."

He looked away and said "Yeah I'm kinda angry with the guy but not jealous."

"Uh...hum." I said teasing him. We both smirked. The teacher walked in the classroom and the class began.

~At lunch~

We were at lunch sitting down with my normal group. We were laughing and talking as always. Nothing important had happened at the classrooms, just the usual. I ate my food which was pretty good and went to Levi and asked "Hey Levi, when is Shadow gear gonna play a song?"

She then smiled and said "Probably soon."

Lucy then added "I heard that the Shadow gear and the Thunder legion are doing a competition on the Fairy tail's party."

"Fairy Tail's party?" I asked.

Lucy nodded and Erza said "That's right. Every year, after some weeks after the games, a bunch of new students enter the Fairy Tail high and we do a huge party to welcome them."

I nodded and the bell rang.

~After school~

We were finally going home, this day sure passed fast!

I was walking normally around school outside when I heard a huge trembling noise. Once I looked around, the ground was shaking like crazy. I was trembling with fear and couldn't hear myself think. I stood shocked until I saw that where I was standing, was breaking apart. I fell but held on as strong as I could. The ground was still shaking, and as my hands started to slip, thoughts of death came to my head "Is this really the end? Am I about to die by falling to the ground?"

The shaking stopped but I was still shivering/trembling of fear. My hands slipped and I had no choice but to close my eyes as I fall, until... I felt a hand grabbing my right arm. And once I looked up, it was Gray pulling me up and saving me from a death that I wouldn't had escaped of.

He pulled me up and I fell to his chest as he was sitting on the ground. My hands wrapped around him and my face on his chest. I then heard him say "Hey, get off of m-"

I then hugged him tighter as tears fell down my cheeks.

He looked at me shocked and he thought "S-she's trembling in fear and crying. I... I had never seen her like this."

I felt a hand on my head and another one on my upper back. I looked at Gray shocked as he hugged me back.

I looked around to see everything destroyed. The school and everything that belonged to Fairy tail high was destroyed. This was a terrible disaster.

I was still crying and trembling in fear after I almost died. I was hugging tightly Gray until I sobbed "A-Arigato, G-Gray." He looked at me shocked, but I just blushed and hugged him tightly.

After some minutes, I quit crying and cleaned the tears off my face as Gray looked at me worried. We stood up and looked around, I was still shivering until I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I looked at Gray to see him smirking at me, my body suddenly stopped shivering.

We walked around the place to see if we could see someone. But what we saw... made my eyes get full of tears.