Chapter 68: The basketball game!

Tuesday, the day where the game were going to be. Sabertooth high versus Fairy Tail high.

The guys were on there basketball uniform, we were the blue team, the guys had a basketball blue shirt,with the Fairy tail high sign, in white,and their last names and number on their backs. Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, Elfman, and Laxus were ready to go out of the hall.

"I'm all fired up now!" Screamed Natsu and Lucy came up and added, "You go get 'em guys!"

They nodded but I, I was laying on the wall, arms and legs crossed. I was looking at the floor sadly when I heard everyone laughing and cheering. I had a blue t-shirt with some black short shorts. I then went to the team and said, "Um...guys. I just wanted to say-"

"Don't worry Fumiko." Said Natsu.

"Yeah, we're gonna beat these guys' butts." Added Gajeel.

I smirked. The girls left as the guys were gonna go out to the court. Lucy kissed Natsu's cheek and told him good luck. Levi said her good lucks to Gajeel as he blushed lightly and he said "Thanks shrimp." Levi blushed. Evergreen told Elfman, "Do your best, you idiot!" They blushed lightly. Mira told Laxus good luck that...guess what...yep, he also blushed.

When Gray was about to go, I held his arm as I had my index finger on my lip.

"Fumiko, is something wrong?" Gray asked.

"Just...do your best and... don't get hurt, would ya?"

Gray looked at me shocked and he thought,as he stared at me blushing, "What has gotten into her? She's been acting different since I told her that thing of melting my heart, is she into me?"

Gray smirked, "Tsk... I wouldn't fail to a bet like that."

I smiled eyes closed and said, "T-Thank you, Gray."

And as he left, without turning around, he said, "See ya later, idiot."

"See ya later, stripper."

~

The crowd went wild as our team went to the court. Some boo-ed and some cheered as Sabertooth high's team came out.

I sat next to Lucy and the rest of the girls. Natsu and Sting were in the middle of the court as the referee held the basketball and said something which everyone ignored.

Sting stared at me and said, "Can't wait to tell Fumiko what to do when we win."

Natsu's hand turned into a fist and said, "When you win, tsk.... don't make me laugh. Fairy Tail high will win no matter what. We won't give up."

They sound the whistle and the referee threw the basketball up to the air and Natsu got it and passed it to Gajeel who was behind Sting.

Gajeel bounced the basketball as Rouge was blocking him.

"You'll be wise if you get out of my way." Gajeel smirked.

"You'll be wiser if you give me the basketball and let us win." Rouge replied.

"I'm open!" Gray screamed. Gajeel threw the basketball to Gray, Gray thrip the basketball and saw that Elfman was next to the basket and threw it to Elfman, Elfman jumped and dunked the basketball inside the basket. Everyone cheered and he said with a grin, "Now that's manly."

Sting growled and said, "These jerks aren't gonna beat us."

"Yeah, we'll show 'em!" Added Lector.

The referee blew the whistle, as to begin, and Gray was outside the court to pass the basketball. Natsu was blocked by Sting, Gajeel by Rouge, Elfman by Lector, and Laxus was free Gray threw the basketball to Laxus, Laxus bounced the ball but got blocked by Sting who pushed Laxus. The referee blew the whistle as it was a foul.