Chapter 72: Why?!

We were waiting for the light to turn green, the one that says that you can walk, to cross the street. I was walking in front when a car running 65 MPH came but... what I saw next... is what I couldn't believe. Gray had stood in front of me so the car wouldn't hit me. Luckily, the car slowed down when it saw me pass. Gray ended up in the floor, almost unconscious, the driver of the car drove away as a tear slowly went down my cheeks as I looked at Gray shocked. I ran towards him to see him groaning in pain.

I fell on my knees and cried on his chest, "W-Why? W-why you idiot? You could've s-save yourself."

He smirked with one eye half open, "Tsk... don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault that that bastard was about to hit you for speeding up."

I took my phone and called emergency. I held Gray's hand as he looked at me shocked.

~

The ambulance arrived in about 10 minutes as his view got blurry. They got him on the trunk of the ambulance as I sat next to him.

I asked the paramedic, "Is he going to be alright?!"

"Yes, he is. Now don't worry, his in good hands."

I sighed in relief as the ambulance's sirens sounded as we arrived to the hospital.

~

We were already at the hospital's room, Gray was sleeping on his bed as the monitor kept beeping. I had my hand on his arm, I had my head in top of the bed. He woke up and I stood up fast and hugged him tightly as he sat down. I said relived, "I'm so happy that you're okay."

Gray hugged me back, chuckled, "So, you did worried about me."

I hugged him tighter and said, "Of course, why wouldn't I. I owe you one, after you saved me."

"This is the third time I save you."

I chuckled and cleaned the tears off my face as he looked at me shocked.

"Are you okay?" Gray asked worried, I went to the door and held the door knob, and without turning around said, "Yeah, I'll be alright."

I went outside to see everyone asking me for Gray. I just pointed at the door without stopping looking at the floor.

I went outside and laid on the wall as I drank a can of soda. The crickets were singing, when a manly voice said, "Ya know, you shouldn't blame yourself." I looked to my left and smirked seeing Gajeel, "Tsk...how can't I, when I was the one who was crossing the street?"

Gajeel smirked, "Ya know, if you blame yourself, he'll worry about you even more."

I shrugged, "Yeah, but, he'll always worry about me, that's just him."

Gajeel chucked, "Yeah."

We stood there, laying on the wall as we drank our cans of soda. Gajeel and I went in, as everyone else was saying goodbye and leaving. I had to take care of the idiot who saved my life for the third, no, the fourth time. I took a big breath before entering the room, and held the door knob.