Chapter 83: Valentine's day

February 14, *sighs in relief* Love is in the air. "Valentine's day, great!" I thought sarcastically.

I was at my seat, at my normal classroom. Lucy tapped my shoulder, "Hey Fumiko, are you okay?"

I nodded and sighed, "Yeah, it's just that I really don't-"

"Hey guys! What's up?!" Kana and Levi said as they put their arms around our necks.

"Nothing really." I replied with a shrug.

Lucy smiled eyes closed and said, "I was just going to explain to Fumiko how we do valentine's days in here."

Kana and Levi sat down and both said in unison, "Proceed."

We giggled and I looked at Lucy as she continued, "Well...every year, we give our presents to Mira, she is the one who gives them out. The presents are anonymous, you only put the name of the person that you are going to give it to. But, also Lamia scale High and other schools may participate in this."

"When can we give these presents to Mira?" I asked curious as Levi answered, "We have until the last class to do that."

I nodded, looked at Gray, who was sitting down with his headphones, and thought, "Until the last class eh? I have plenty of time to buy him a present."

~

It was lunch, and I thought that I had the perfect time to get a present for Gray. So, I grabbed my purse and told principal Makarov that I was leaving for a moment to the mall.

I walked to town, where there was a small mall, and entered. It wasn't that small, I didn't know what to buy him.

"What can I buy?" I grabbed my head, "Ugh! This is sooo hard!"

"What is?" Said a girly voice behind me. I turned around and smiled eyes closed, "Oh, hey Evergreen."

She smirked, "Hey Fumiko, how had you been doing?"

"I've been.... confused." I sighed in defeat.

"Why?" She elbowed my arm, "Trying to get something for Mr.Right."

I pushed her playfully as I rubbed my arm, "No, just..." I sighed in defeat again, "I don't know what to buy him."

Evergreen put a hand on her chin and put on her thinking face. A lightbulb appeared on her head as she snapped her fingers, "I know!"

"Really?!" I looked at her with excitement in my eyes.

She nodded, "Yeah, there is a great store for the men-"

I elbowed her arm with a wink, "I see, Elfman told you that, right, right?"

She pushed me playfully as she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "Ugh! Yeah right?!" She said sarcastically as I laughed.

"Anyways," She continued, "it's over there." She pointed with her finger to the north and I nodded happily. Once I came out from the store,with a bag, I took a look at my watch and saw that I had only five minutes. I ran and ran with the bag on hand as I pushed everyone out of the way.

I finally reached school caching my breath. The bell rang and I hurried up to the principal's office, where Mira was, and gave Mira the bag as she looked at me shocked. Principal Makarov was sitting on the desk arms and legs crossed.And before I came out of the door, Mira said, "Um... Fumiko... is this for Gray?"

I blushed and looked at her. I nodded shyly as the principal Makarov and Mirajane smiled eyes closed. I went running towards the school's halls. I turned a corner and then opened the door to my next class as I cached my breath. Everyone stared at me and I just scratched the back of my head embarrassed, "Sorry I'm late teach."