Chapter 36: Running for the price!

I was at school, standing in the line of start. Everyone was waiting patiently for the whistle to sound. And when the principle blew it, everyone started running.

I started running as fast as I could. I could see Lucy, Levi, and Happy at the back which made me feel bad. But, no one is a team here, so I kept running.

And I just put this face when I saw Jason narrating the race, -_-. I mean, am I the only one who finds this guy annoying?! I mean, come on!

I kept running and I could see Jet in 1st place, Natsu and Elfman in 2nd, and... you.have.to.be.kidding.me. Stupid Gray in 3rd!

I whined as I saw who were in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

I kept running. And when I looked at my right, was Erza smirking at me. I looked to my left and saw Evergreen. I then screamed "Why do I always need to be in the middle of these things?!"

Erza and Evergreen were tied for 5th place while I was stuck in 6th place. So there was a long way to go.

I then saw Erza and Evergreen fighting each other. I then thought "This is my chance!" I ran passed them and now I was in 5th place! Yes!

But, I then saw Mira next to me, she looked at me and glared at me saying "I'm gonna win this!"

You gotta say, she was pretty creepy.

I then just stood in 5th and left Mira in 4th. Until I saw Evergreen and Era coming this way. "Well... I'm done here." I said as I looked back at them. Erza ran passed me, and so did Evergreen, until I saw Erza and Mira fighting.

I passed the both of them and thought, "Wait... if Mira was in 4th, and I passed her, does that mean that I'm in..."

I looked to my right to see Gray next to me. He then screamed "Hey, get out of the way!"

"Me?! You get out of the way!"

"I'm gonna get first!"

We both said in unison, we glared at each other and started pushing each other until I saw Wendy and Carla running passed us.

"Sorry Fumiko, but Carla and I are going to get first!" She screamed as she waved goodbye.

I then followed Wendy and so did Gray.

We ran and ran until we tied up with Wendy and Carla. I was breathing heavy, I was already tired. I also noticed that Wendy and Carla were tired too. I then kept running leaving Carla and Wendy caching there breaths. Gray was still beside me running, I started to jog, and I noticed that he did too.

We were about 40 minutes from Lamia scale, yeah, pretty far.

I then hurried a little my pace and started seeing Natsu and Elfman.

"Try your best Natsu, but no one is more manly than me!" Said Elfman as he ran.

"Oh yeah?! I'm gonna win this!"
Natsu screamed back at him as I saw them hurry up their pace, I stopped, and cached my breath.

Gray then stopped next to me and said "If you wanna win, you shouldn't stop now, ya know?"

I nodded and said, while caching my breath, "I... know but... I am just so tired."

He then ran away in fear, I looked back to see, Mira, Evergreen, and Erza coming my way. I then thought "Man! Why am I always in the middle of these situations?"

I then looked back to see them getting closer and closer. I then started to run even though I was tired. I kept running and saw that the 3 of them were tired too.