Chapter 52: Meet my parents

"Hey, wake up!"

I jumped out of bed as Gray had threw me a pillow.

"It's about 10:30am already, wake up." He said as I sat up, yawned, and rubbed my eyes. I stretched my arms and said, as I rubbed my eyes, "Had sweet dreams?"

"Shut up, you don't know how it feels like to sleep on a sofa all night." He replied as I giggled.

~

We were outside walking. I called out the taxi this time with an eyes closed smile. Gray just smirked with his hands shoved inside his pockets.

The taxi came and took us to New York's prison. We entered the room where there are tables were you can see the prisoner face to face but, no physical contact.

Gray and I sat on some table and waited. Gray was moving his legs nervously, I looked at him with a chuckle.

"Gray, are you ok?"

"Yeah, tsk...like if I were nervous."

The gate opened and I saw him jump with the sound. I giggled as I covered my mouth and sighed to try to hold the laugher. Mom and dad sat down in front of us and mom covered the left side of her mouth with her right hand and whispered to me, "Is that him?"

I blushed, "Mom!" I said quietly.

"So, are you dating our daughter?" My dad asked Gray as we looked at each other awkwardly. We scratched the back of our heads as we laughed awkwardly.

"N-no sir." Replied Gray.

Dad "Hmph" and sat back.

"So Gray," I said, "This is my mom, Izumi, and my dad Akio."

Gray shook hands with my parents and Gray said, "Nice to meet ya, I'm Gray Fullbuster."

"Pleasure." Replied my parents with eyes closed smiles.

My mom and I sat on one chair to talk about girl stuff and my dad and Gray sat in another.

"Wonder what are they gonna talk about." I thought.

"So Fumi," My mom started off. I looked at her as she continued, "Had you two, ya know, kissed?"

I snapped and looked at her shocked, "W-well we..." I started but got the flashback of last night, we almost kissed.

"We haven't." I replied looking at the floor sadly with my cheeks blushing lightly.

"You like him then?" Mom asked with a worried tone.

"I-I... I don't know."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, it's just that...*Sigh* Sometimes I hate him but sometimes I just can't stop blushing and worrying about him."

Mom giggled and put her hand on my shoulder as the guards weren't watching, "Fumi, you hate him 'cause that is the way to show him that you like him, and are afraid to see him hurt. Is that it?"

"Uh... hum." I nodded as I looked to the floor.

Mom smiled eyes closed again and thought, "You've grown so fast my dear Fumi."

~ At the guys table~

Gray and dad were sitting at another table.

Dad asked Gray, "Do you like Fumiko, Gray?"

Gray looked at my dad shocked and looked to the floor sadly but smirked.

"I-I'm actually not sure if I do. Like, sometimes, I just want to k- I mean, be with her. And sometimes I just want to bother her."

Dad crossed his arms with a smirk and replied, "You like her," Gray looked at him shocked, "You want to protect her and always want to be with her. You bother her so she won't leave your side and be with you. Isn't that right?"

"I guess, I like her smile and her soft hair. She's also cute and-"

"Don't go any further." That commanded with a smirk and the both of them chuckled. After that, it was time to go, and I got teary eyes 'cause we were leaving tomorrow. So, yeah, we were just 2 days here, 2 days that I'll never forget, 2 days that will always stay in my mind and heart. This was the best 2 day vacation ever.