Chapter 80: Sadness and sorrow

I was with Yuki at the hospital as she laid in bed weakly, and I was sitting on a chair holding her hand. This was the last day, the 5th day, the day that she will die. Maya cried and cried and Sora tried not to. Gray was by my side looking at me worried, wondering if I would be alright.

"F-Fumiko-samma," Yuki said, "Why are you crying?"

I began to cry and hugged her, "I just don't feel well, that's all." I said with a chuckle.

"Fumiko-samma, I'm feeling sleepy." Yuki said as I kept crying and Maya kept crying as well.

"Fumiko," Gray put his hand on my shoulder, "I think that you should-"

"No! She won't leave yet! It's my fault! It's my fault that I never made her happy or smile a lot! It's my fa-"

Gray turned me around and screamed,"You have to let her go!" He sighed, as to calm down, and continued, "Look, I suffered as well when my family died. I know that is not easy to let her go but... you have to do it, ok?"

I nodded and turned around. Yuki was closing her eyes and she whispered, "Fumiko-samma, mommy ,daddy ,
Gray-san, I love you all. G-goodbye, I mean, this isn't g-goodbye, right? Because I...I will a-always be in y-your hearts." And with that, she closed her eyes and Maya and Sora rushed to her side as she slept and her parents held her hands. I hugged Gray as I cried, Gray rubbed my back.

~

We were at Yuki's funeral, it was raining and everyone was full of tears and were wearing black clothes. Everyone had black umbrellas as I let the rain get me soaking wet. I stared at her grave as everyone was leaving, Gray came up to me and I said, without turning my head, "Don't you think is my fault?"

Gray put his hand on my shoulder and turned me around. My eyes were red of how much I cried, I hugged him as rain fell.

~

Gray was driving and he had given me his coat. He let me home. We were on the door, "Thanks, for taking me home." I told Gray as I blushed and held his coat.

He smirked, "It was nothing, anyways, I'll see ya tomorrow. I mean, you are coming for the New Year's party, right?"

I shrugged, "I don't kno-"

Gray sighed, to calm himself down, "You should forget about her," I looked at him shocked, "I mean, she's gone now. There is nothing you can do."

I turned my hand into a fist and clenched my teeth, "How can you say something like that?! How in the world am I going to forget about someone who was special to me?!" I shook my head as tears came down and continued, "How much time did it took for you to forget about your parents?! Or family members?! You know what I am feel-"

He grabbed my cheek and cleaned the tears, "I do know what are you feeling, and I know how much it hurts."

I sobbed, "Then why are you telling me to forget about her?"

"So you won't suffer." He smirked as he still held my cheek.

Next thing in the morning, I heard that Maya and Sora were moving to Spain in a week. Everything was going to change since then.