Chapter 96: Idiot, clumsy, yet so cute

"So, what movie?" Gray asked me as we stood in front of the movie theater.
I put my hands behind my back and shrugged. "I don't know, you're the one who asked me so, why don't you choose?"

He sighed in defeat and looked at me with an evil smile. I shivered. "Why don't you go, I'll catch you later, okay?"

I raised an eyebrow and asked. "Gray? What are you-"

He pushed me inside the theater. "Go, I'll catch you up!"

"But-"

"Go in." He finally said as he pushed me inside.

"What is he planning to do?" I mumbled arms crossed.

Gray ran towards a flower shop in town and got his wallet out. He asked the man. "How much are the roses?"

"Sorry kid, it seems that there are lots of dates tonight. I only have one daisy."

Gray sighed in defeat. "Fine, I'll take it."

"Here ya go." The man gave the daisy to Gray as Gray took it and ran. As he ran, he took a look at his watch. "Dang it! The movie starts in 5 minutes!"

"Where is he?" I thought as I looked around the movie theater arms crossed.

"Oh geez! Oh geez! Oh geez!" Gray repeated as he ran and got to the ticket lady. "Two for Insidious chapter 3!" Gray demanded as the lady shook her head. "Sorry but the room is full." Gray sighed in defeat and looked at me hanging around inside the movie theater. "What am I gonna tell her now?" He asked aloud as I turned around and saw him. I waved my hand with a eyes closed smile. Gray waved back but with sadness in his eyes. What is wrong with him?

Gray entered the movie theater and apologized without looking at me. "Sorry Fumiko, the room for the movie is full."

I giggled. "Gray, it's fine. We can go somewhere else."

He looked at me shocked but then smirked. We walked outside the movie theater and walked through town. Gray put his hands on his pockets as we walked through the town's sidewalk. "What do you wanna do now?" I asked Gray as he smiled and took my hand. "Come on."

"Huh?" I questioned as he dragged me to the bus station. We saw the bus and he dragged me in. We sat down, me next to the window, as we cached out breaths.

"What was that all about?!" I asked as he looked at me and replied. "You'll see."

I raised an eyebrow at him as the bus stop. Gray dragged me again out of the bus. And when I saw where we were at, my eyes widened. It was beautiful. The ocean with the reflection of the moon right in front of me. It was so silent that you could hear the waves. The wind blew and my hair moved lightly.
We walked forward and kept walking until Gray held my wrist. I turned my head and asked. "What?"

"Give me your shoes?"

"Huh? Why?"

"Geez... trust me on this one, would ya?" I nodded and gave him my shoes. He took his shoes off and put them on the sidewalk. We walked forward and I felt sand between my fingers. I looked at Gray all excited like a little child as he smirked.

I laughed. "This is so cool!"

"Really? Come on." He grabbed my hand as I walked barefoot with sand under my feet. We sat down on the sand letting the waves touch our feet. I held his hand and asked. "How did you know? How did you know that I had never gone to a beach?"

He shrugged. "Lucy, Levi, Lissana, and Erza told me."

I rested my head on his shoulder as I put my fingers between his. He looked at me sadly as I stared at the water.

"Sorry, " He said as I looked at his free hand, the left hand, with a small daisy.

I kissed his right cheek with a giggle and took the daisy. "Why?" I asked.

"For making this the worst date ever. I mean, I wanted to give you roses but they were over, I wanted to see a scary movie with you but the room was full."

I giggled again as he looked at me shocked. "No Gray, thank you."

"Huh?"

"Thank you. This date is my first one ever and it's the best one. You might call it worst but, I think that the worst dates are the best. It's because is 'bad' that people remember their dates. I mean, going to the movies and giving me a rose is cliché, not that I don't like it but, thank you. This might be the worst day ever to you but, to me, I'll never forget it." I looked at Gray smiling as he looked at me shocked. We stared at each others eyes as we got closer and closer. I closed my eyes, and right when I least expected. We were kissing. It was perfect, this date, this day, this year, this everything. Just perfect. Once we broke the kiss, I blushed as he held my hand tighter. I rested my head on his lap as he smirked.

In the end, when we were going to the bus stop, we had no sign of our shoes. Someone must've stolen them. We held hands until we got home. This was the worst date ever...and I loved it.