Chapter 79: Breaking apart

I had a light blue tank top and dark blue jeans.I was at home, normally laying on the couch, until my phone rang. I got my phone from my back pocket as I turned the volume of the t.v down.

I looked at the screen to see Maya's name on it, I picked it up, "Hello?"

"F-Fumiko-chan! Please c-come!" Her voice was cracking and it seemed like if she was crying as she sobbed.

She told me where she was,"On my way." I replied serious. I stood up and turned the t.v off. I took my jean jacket and put it over my light blue tank top.

I walked towards the hospital, which wasn't that far, and hurried up my pace as I got more worried, and thought, "Why was Maya crying? Is something wrong with Yuki? What happened?"

I began to run.

~

I entered the hospital room to see Yuki laying on the bed weakly, she had no hair, she was bald. Maya was crying as she sat down and Sora was rubbing her back. I walked to Yuki and rubbed her delicate head. She opened weakly her blue eyes as she chuckled and smirked, "F-Fumiko-samma," She said weakly, "I-I am s-" I cut her off by hugging her as I cried and said on her ear, "D-Don't worry Yuki, e-everything is going to be alright."

Yuki smirked as I kept crying as I hugged her. The doctor came in and told us to leave him and Yuki alone. The doctor was going to check if she was alright. I couldn't stop crying, I tried to stop crying, but the tears kept coming. Maya worried about me and called Gray to come and pick me up.

I felt a warm had on my shoulder and knew that it was Gray's. I put my hand on my shoulder, where his hand was, and turned my head with a smirk and tears rolling down my cheeks. He looked at me shocked.

The doctor came out of the room as we looked at him shocked. Everything happened in slow motion, the doctors words, made me feel even worst. I turned around to hug Gray and cried, he hugged me back with a hand on my head and the other on my upper back.

I sobbed, "W-why... why is it that... when everything is going great, something bad happens?"

He held me tighter, with my face on his shoulder, he replied, "Fumiko, is not your fault."

I cried even more and held him tighter as he looked at me shocked. Maya fell on her knees and began to cry, Sora turned his hand into a fist, and I was crying in disbelief.

I couldn't believe that Yuki only had 5 days of life. I cried and cried non-stop.