1// A Tragedy

Year 2020
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul National Hospital

After receiving a call from Suryeon, Seokhoon rushes to the emergency room only to see his stunned and shocked mom.

Standing not far from his mom and looking rather dazed, the love of his life whom was being held down by multiple nurses cried and wailed for her mother whom was behind the glass doors of the emergency room.

Seokhoon rushes to the floor and helps to hold Rona and restrain her from barging into the room while doctors tried to resuscitate YoonHee.

Rona weeped and continuously trashed around, Seokhoon who felt his heart drop while looking at the girl he loves suddenly starts to tears up as well.

Wrapping his girlfriend in a backhug, He soon managed to hold it together for her but he was too hurt to see her in this state.... Again pained because they were once again unable to escape life's miseries.

Suddenly a deafening ringing sound echoed through the white walls of the hospital corridor. The doctors and nurses stop their actions. Likewise, Rona went silent, Seokhoon looked up while holding Rona until he realized..... The horrifying reality

The doctors pull up the white sheet of the duvet, covering YoonHee's face and Rona realizing what was happening suddenly got up and recklessly started to scream and cry much more for her mother.

Seokhoon quickly got up and held her back while doctors apologized and bowed.

Rona, in a state of shock went numb and suddenly started breathing hard.

Alarmed and triggered by her condition, Seokhoon looked at his girlfriend only to be shocked that she was suddenly having trouble breathing.

Panicking, Suryeon quickly approached them and shouted for doctors.

At the same time, Rona who was now hyperventilating fell down the floor just in time for Seokhoon to catch her.

An oxygen mask was quickly handed to Seokhoon and he quickly puts it in his girlfriend's mouth comforting her with warm words through his tears.

He couldn't handle it.... watching her break down.

He silently hugged her and whispered comforting words while tears streak down her eyes. She then fell on his arms numb. Unable to comprehend and accept what had just happened.

With a few tear stains down his cheeks, Seokhoon continues to hold her and sweetly pecks her forehead as his girlfriend tries her best and attempts to breathe in a normal pace with the help of her oxygen mask.

This time.... She had nobody else around to protect her. No family, no person to come home to. And from then on Joo Seokhoon had made it into a promise..... to protect her and love her from then on.

A few days after YoonHee's death, Seokhoon had hardly left Rona's side. He would comfort her and stay by her side......Until his mother had decided to have Rona move into the Penthouse.

Seokhoon felt much comforted that Rona would not be alone anymore and he felt contented that he could freely take care of her and make her feel loved.

Rona stayed in a guest room beside Seokhoon's bedroom but at nights, she would always end up in Seokhoon's bedroom and sleep beside him due to her nightmares and fears.

She felt comforted at the mere fact that he was so dedicated and loved her so much.

After all, he was the only one she had left.

It was another night since Yoonhee's tragic demise. Rona walks up to Seokhoon's bedroom carrying with her a pillow.

The clocks in the penthouse all displayed the same numbers 11:50 pm.

She had yet again woke up from a terrible nightmare and as she had always done for the past days, she would get up and walk up to the room just next to hers.

As she entered the warm lighted bedroom, she makes a bee line and settles herself beside the male who was just snoozing himself into dreamland a few seconds ago.

But as if it was now engraved in his body clock, the male smiles gently and engulfs the female into his arms.

'Gwaenchana.... I'm here for you, don't think about anything else and go to sleep Rona yah

No evil or monsters will be able to get to you. You'll be in my arms all night so you don't have anything to fear about.'

Rona could only sniffle and smile as she laid her head onto his chest.

Inhaling the familiar scent of his cologne that was evident in his pajamas. The female eventually managed to go to dreamland and calm herself.

And true to his words, there was no occurrence of nightmares for the rest of the night.

Seokhoon had became a major comfort and supporting figure to Rona in the days and weeks after Yoonhee's death.

Indeed, how painful and unfortunate was the female to go through all of this...

But.... At least there is someone who sincerely cared and wants to take good care of her in spite of all these tragedies.

Author's notes

The oxygen mask is basically inspired by that 1 scene from S2 from the YoonYoon Couple.

Author's Updated Notes (April 01, 2022)

-Since it was my first time writing an au, I didn't really know what I was doing back then... But here I am slowly adding stuff and also editing the first few chapters of this au.
This chapter has been edited and new stuff has been added 💐✨

Happy Reading

-🍑