48// City Of Love

Year 2024
Paris, France
The Ritz Hotel

It was a day later when Seokhoon and Rona lay sound asleep inside the luxury hotel suite due to jetlag.

They were going to stay in Paris for only 5 days and go back to their home in New York. Considering they had tons of work waiting for them there, The couple decided that it was okay to cut their honeymoon short since  everyday would still feel like a honeymoon when they go back to their home in New York .

Rona stretched her arms and got up from the comforts of the huge and fluffy mattress. Rubbing the sleepiness away from her eyes, she turns and gazes at her sleeping husband.

'Seokhoon ah.... Aren't you getting up yet? We should go out and enjoy the city today.'

Seokhoon moves and pulls Rona to lay beside him and smiles with his eyes still shut.

'Let's not go out today.... I know how tired you must be. Let's just enjoy today in the hotel.... Heck, this is the Ritz. There must be some interesting things to do here.'

Unconsciously yawning in his arms, Rona nods and wraps Seokhoon in a embrace as she gazes at the beautiful ring that rest on her left hand.

While she was in a trance, Seokhoon who had already woken up observes her face and smiles.

' Are you daydreaming wifey?'

Snapping out of her thoughts, Rona playfully but softly slaps Seokhoon's shoulder and slightly blushes.

'What's with the wifey? It's so cringey... Don't call me that ever again.'

Seokhoon chuckles as he leans in and gently pecks her forehead.

'Your legally my wife now.... I'll call you whatever I want.'

Rona chuckles at his pouty behavior, and just like that the couple spends almost half of the day in bed talking and chatting about random things that usually consisted of them teasing each other.

The couple finally got up to order some early dinner and late lunch at around 4:30 during the afternoon. As they dined in their room, the view outside was starting to settle from the typical hot sunny day to the aesthetically pleasing almost sunset view.

As Seokhoon went to wash up, Rona silently sips on her red wine as she reads a few letters of congratulations from her husband's business partners.

With her slightly damp hair and the beautiful pink silk satin nightgown she was wearing, it was no doubt that she has grown from that innocent young Rona to a much fiercer and bolder young woman.

Silently focused on one particular letter, Rona smiles as she strokes the names printed on them.

'To Mr & Mrs Joo Seokhoon'

It was still surreal to her, that she was now married to the love of her life and was now free to do everything she wanted with him.

Jumping out from her thoughts, a pair of strong arms had wrapped themselves on her waist.

'What are you thinking about?'

Rona smiles and holds Seokhoon's hands.

'I can't believe we're actually here..... Married and even in our honeymoon.'

Seokhoon silently breathes in the familiar scent of her shampoo as he leans down silently and kisses her nape.

Slightly startled but not that surprised at his actions, Rona leans into the comforts of his body and touch.