72// To Meet The Angel

Year 2025
Seoul, South Korea
Joo Family Estate

A soft groan echoed through the dark master bedroom.

Suddenly, the lights of the bathroom turn on. There she was...... the lady of the huge mansion still awake in the middle of the deep and silent night. 

It was a week and a half later since the events of the housewarming / baby shower. 

Bae Rona, silently and calmly packs up her toiletries as her husband who probably didn't even know she wasn't beside him slept soundly on the king sized mattress.

'Ugh!!!..... Choco yah, you have to be a little patient today. I know you want to come out now, that's what eomma has been waiting for all this time but please let eomma finish packing her things first.'

Yes, you heard it correctly!!! 

Bae Rona had felt her contractions when she had got up at around 11 o'clock during the night for a bathroom break. 

And yes!!! Like the woman she is, she had decided to calmly pack up what she needed first before waking her husband to go to the hospital.

Of course it was already starting to feel pretty painful, but there's nothing that Rona could not handle at this point. Over the few months since she discovered her pregnancy, she had started to feel this surge of motherly power that had streamed through her veins and energy.

It was a feeling and source of life that gave her strength to continue being brave when problems came towards her.

'Endure it now and you'll be able to meet the baby angel later.' 

That was the mantra that Bae Rona repeatedly chanted in her head as she stroked her belly and organized her things. 

After checking if she had missed anything, Rona smiles as she carries the carry on and enters the bedroom.

Taking a huge breathe, she gently leans down and turns on the lights.

Ever so gently, the female sits beside her sleeping husband and whispers.

'Joo Seokhoon..... '

Seokhoon stirs in his sleep, but soon enough he starts to open his eyes as she nudges his arms gently. 

Smiling at the sight of his wife, Joo Seokhoon speaks in a groggy voice.

'Rona yah... It's still so late, shouldn't you go back to sleep ? It's not good for you and for the bab--'

Eventually he was cut off by Rona's still calm and whispy voice.

'The baby is coming !!!'

As if he was still processing what she had just said, Joo Seokhoon sat up on the soft mattress and rubs his eyes. Heck, he even yawned as he sat thinking about her words. 

And then it happens....

It all fell into a slow motion like scenario, his eyes widen and his mouth starts to shake in half excitement and at the same time panic.

Looking at his wife up and down, the male grins widely as he strokes his wife's belly and calmly stands to change.

'Sit down here and wait for me, I'll be back in a few seconds. I'll just change and get the keys, don't you dare move  even an inch okay?'

Thank god though, he was calmer than Rona had expected.

Seokhoon had acted as a overprotective bodyguard/ husband all throughout her pregnancy so Rona was pretty nervous about his reaction the moment she would be in labor. Thankfully though, the dashing male knew how to keep cool in times when his wife needed to relax. 

True to his words, Joo Seokhoon had dashed out the bathroom in a flash.

Dressed in a long sleeved navy knitted sweater and a pair of White pants, Seokhoon tilts his head in confusion as Rona hands him the carry on bag that she had packed a while ago.

'I packed it a few minutes ago.'

This earns a slight look of disapproval from the male but he didn't even bother to scold her anymore since he knew he had to quickly bring her to the hospital since she could give birth anytime soon. 

'Can you walk down the stairs ? Or should I carry you instead ?'

But even before Rona could answer, Joo Seokhoon swiftly pulled up his sleeves and effortlessly carries his wife bridal style. 

'Why did you even bother asking me ?'

Smirking mischievously, Seokhoon winks at his love and replies in a charming tone.

'Cause I know your answer and would still disapprove of it, Hold tight babe!!!'

It took Seokhoon only a minute and a half to carefully walk down the stairs and settle in the car with his wife. A world record if you'd ask me, since it's so rare to see him not overreacting when it came to his pregnant wife. 

Smiling, Seokhoon checks the bags in the backseat and glances at his wife who sat beside him in the passenger seat. 

Reaching to hold her hands, he softly whispers.

'Hold on for a bit Rona yah.... We'll be meeting 'Choco' very soon.'

Replying with a wide smile, Rona squeezes her husband's hands in return.

Leaning forward, Seokhoon pecks his wife and continues.

'I love you so much'

To this, Rona replies in a soft whisper-y voice.

'And I love you too'

Just like that, Joo Seokhoon calmly revs up the engines of the Black tinted Lamborghini, and drives away to the hospital.

Both hearts throbbed with a mix of excitement and nervousness, but what matters is.... they would officially become parents in a few hours. 

And in a few hours, they advance a few steps to their beautiful future. Yet again, a huge jump away from the dark and tumultuous past.