17//I Love You

Year 2020
Seoul, South Korea
Ha YoonChul's Clinic

2 knocks fill the small and humble clinic. Ha Yoonchul looks up from his files to see Joo Seokhoon in the doorway.

Slightly flustered since it was unexpected, Yoonchul gazes at the tall male. He snaps out of it and urges him to come in and sit down.

Seokhoon politely bows and sits on the chair which was in front of YoonChul's desk.

He glances at a picture of Rona on the table and faces Yoonchul who had his attention on the young lad

'Seokhoon ah, I didn't expect you'd come here today. How's Rona? I have been so swamped up with my patients that I haven't went to visit her yet.'

Rona was now staying in the penthouse, Suryeon insisted since she was put in a wheelchair due to the scars on her feet and legs. Seokkyung sometimes brings her out for some fresh air and some little chats.

' She's doing fine ajhusshi, she can't still walk but she's been eating a lot and has been smiling quite frequently.'

Yoonchul lets out a sigh of relief and smiles gratefully at Seokhoon. He snaps out of it and looks at him once again.

'Why did you come here today? Is there something you wanted to discuss about?'

Gathering all his courage, Seokhoon breathes out and prepares himself.

'I just wanted to ask permission ajhusshi.'

'About what?'

Yoonchul was confused and now his full attention was on the handsome male.

'I've been thinking about it and I also discussed it with Rona over the past few weeks...... I want to go to New York with your daughter.'

At his remark, Yoonchul freezes and stares at Seokhoon.

Seokhoon nervously waits for YoonChul's reply.

'What.... Did Rona say?'

Seokhoon looks up and answers back with a hint of confidence laced on his voice.

'She had already said yes.... I came to ask permission from you since you are her father.'

Yoonchul chuckles and sighs out loud.

'Do I even deserve that title? I don't even look after my own daughter.'

Yoonchul was smiling while talking but it was obvious that he held so much pain and regret in his eyes.

'Ajhusshi... Rona.... Does not blame you, I think you just need to try and connect with her.'

Yoonchul nods at Seokhoon's advice and stands up from his desk. Seokhoon follows out of respect. Yoonchul puts a hand on Seokhoon right shoulder and looks at him.