22//Ready?

Year 2022
Brussels, Belgium
Steigenberger Wiltcher's Hotel

Year 2022Brussels, BelgiumSteigenberger Wiltcher's Hotel

Days and weeks went by fast. Minhyuk went back to South Korea a few weeks ago and now, Seokhoon and Rona travelled to Brussels to join the competition.

It was the day before the competition. Rona and Seokhoon lay asleep in the dim lit hotel room. Seokhoon had prepared a luxurious hotel room for the both of them to rest in. Suryeon and Seokkyung were apparently also arriving the same day to watch and support the duo for the next day.

Rona has not heard from her family. Although she is sad about her father and half sister's absence she hasn't said much and has smiled for the whole time. It worried Seokhoon a lot but he simply tried his best not to bring it up and to fill that void.

Since the competition was the next day, they decided to practice only for an hour. Seokhoon thought that it would strain her voice too much if she practiced too long. As long as they had confidence they would do well.

For the rest of the day, they rested and ate inside the hotel room not bothering to even go out. At around 5PM, the duo head down to the lobby to welcome the luxurious mother and daughter duo.

Suryeon and Seokkyung walk in with shades and beautiful matching beige coat dresses. Seokkyung rushes to hug Rona leaving Seokhoon to greet his mom and peck her cheeks.

Suryeon also hugs Rona and asks her about her wellbeing and starts to nag her on her health which of course, Rona just nods and smiles at.

Since YoonHee's death, Suryeon has taken the responsibility of being the mother figure in Rona's life. Making her feel welcome and comforting and doting her as if she were her real daughter.

Seokhoon and Seokkyung chat and catch up as Rona and Suryeon head together to the elevator. Suryeon has her arms around Rona and nags about how much weight she has lost. She urges her to eat more and rest up more because Rona had looked much more stressed since she last saw her.

Helping his mother and sister to their respective suites, Seokhoon returns to the hotel room he shares with Rona. She was looking dazed, as if she was deep in thought. Seokhoon silently walk towards his girlfriend and startle her by suddenly pecking her cheeks from the side.

Rona smiles at him and he sits beside her holding her hands.

'Why are you so deep in thought?'

'Ajuhmma..... Asked me something a while ago and I was contemplating if we should discuss it now...?'

Seokhoon raises his eyebrows and gazes at his girlfriend wondering if this was a good or bad thing.

Sensing that he wasn't going to talk, Rona takes it as a sign for her to continue.

' Ajuhmma... Is inviting us to spend our vacation back in South Korea.'