71// A New Chapter Awaits

Year 2025
Seoul, South Korea
Joo Family Estate

'Yah!!! Rona yah.... I'll do it for you. Stop moving around, don't you remember? You're already 8 and a half months pregnant !'

Jenny scolded as she passed MinJi to Minhyuk and rushed to Rona's side to help carry the stacks of plates and cutlery.

The day of the baby shower aka housewarming dinner had eventually arrived. It was still pretty early but Jenny and Minhyuk had arrived 2 hours early before the designated time.

Seokhoon had went off to bathe after entrusting his wife to the couple but knowing how Rona always had her ways to try and be independent.... You just know she won't ask anyone for help.

Hence, here we have Lee Minhyuk following after the pregnant primadonna like a puppy. Insisting that he does what she was doing and she go to sit and rest instead.

'Rona yah.... Please, I beg of you to sit down and let me handle that. Once Seokhoon sees you moving around. I'm sure!!!! I'll be the first to die by his hands.'

Rolling her eyes and chuckling, Rona sighs and turns around to look at her frantic friend.

'Stop being overdramatic Lee Minhyuk!!! Joo Seokhoon is just exaggerating.... The doctor specifically told me that it was okay to move around, so I can get some exercise. Stop bothering me and just go and sit down.

Your a guest today... not my husband's second eye to guard me.'

Eventually giving up, Lee Minhyuk sighs and goes off to sit down by the tall kitchen stools. But despite his actions, he made sure to glue his eyes on Rona's figure every second just to see if she really was okay.

Thankfully, she had finished all that was needed to be prepared before Seokhoon had even finish showering hence Lee Minhyuk was pretty much safe......at least for now.

And after a few rests and organizing, the guests soon started to arrive.

Suryeon, Logan, YoonChul, Mari, SangAh, Seokkyung and Kyung. But it was none other than the entrance of Heetae and Eunbyeol that shocked everyone.

Walking up to her father, Eunbyeol smiled and introduced her boyfriend.

'Appa..... I'd like you to meet HeeTae, I think you have seen him before in the hospital but his my boyfriend.'

And then silence.....

Rona smiles widely and joins her frozen father. Gently nudging his arm to pull him out of his trance. Yoonchul glances at his daughter and scans the young man who was evidently nervous and anxious.

All eyes were on them, in the corner of the living room. Seokhoon and Rona exchanged glances, amidst the tensed scene. The young pianist doesn't forget to send a flirtatious wink towards his wife.

Chuckling, Rona shakes her head and eventually turns her attention back to her father.

'It's an honor to finally meet you.... Doctor Ha. I apologize for just introducing myself just now but my name is---'

Suddenly cut off his words, Heetae's eyes widen as Yoonchul continues for him.

'Hwang Heetae.... Your the resident doctor in the Emergency room right?'

Quickly nodding his head, Heetae smiles and bows politely.

Soon enough, Yoonchul's stoic and cold facade would be broken by the appearance of a gentle and fatherly smile. Stretching his arms out, the middle aged doctor shakes the hand of his future son in law.