76// The Reason To Rid Of Past Insecurities

Year 2025
Seoul, South Korea
Ha General Hospital

'I'm thinking of permanently moving our home back to South Korea..... I think it's about time, don't you think?'

Tilting her head and observing her husband's fave for a little while. The female grins and nods as she replies.

'I was supposed to bring that up to you.... I have also thought about it for a long time and don't you think it's such a hassle if we keep on moving around to travel just to be with our family and friends?

Anyway, we already have our own home in Seoul plus we can always work here since the company's main branch is technically also based here.

Also.....I think we have done enough healing during our time in the states.'

Grinning at his wife's response, Joo Seokhoon nods and leans down to peck her lips.

'Okay then.... Don't stress about it, after you are fully recovered and ready to fly back.

We'll take SeoHyun back to New York.

I think we'll have to stay there for at least another year so that we can fix up whatever still needs to be done before we officially move here. I'll ask MinHo and SeoJun to help us so don't worry about it.

Also, I have already gave Mina the go signal to announce the birth of our first child.

I think we might have to prepare for the amount of paparazzi that's about to hunt us soon just to get a little pic of our daughter.'

Chuckling, Rona shakes her head and silently closes her eyes as she readies herself for slumber.

And so the night deepens and the new parents head off to dreamland with a newfound goal to settle down soon in the home that they had built.

Rona was discharged 5 days later and was asked to mostly take it easy.

As she started her journey towards recovery, Seokkyung was tasked to help around the Joo household during the daytime.

Christmas and the New year had soon passed in a flash.

In a blink of an eye, it was already the year 2026.

Seokhoon had successfully booked tickets and readied the proper requirements as he prepared to bring his young family back to their home for now in New York.

Year 2026
New York, USA
Penthouse, Shim Towers

It had been a few weeks since the world famous couple came back to New York not as a family of 2 but 3.

Since Rona's recovery, Seokhoon had went back to work in Shim Towers while she had opted to rehearse her vocals at home together with some trusted staff.

In a span of a few weeks, Seohyun had grew up so much. It still fascinated both Rona and Seokhoon that they had pretty much created a life together and started a new chapter of their lives together.

Seohyun's birth had created a huge amount of media coverage. In fact, the paparazzi wanted to take a pic of the newborn so much that they have all all positioned themselves outside Shim Towers waiting until the couple could possibly come out with their baby girl.

But of course, the 2 parents weren't having it. They have sticked to being resolute on their decision that SeoHyun would have enough privacy in contrast to them.

It was already 4pm in New York, as Seokhoon bids his secretary a goodbye.

The dashing male walks towards the private elevator and goes back to their home in the Penthouse.

'Welcome back home, master...... should I ask the maids to prepare you a warm drink?'

As the butler takes Seokhoon's jacket, the male shakes his head and replies.

'You don't need to, where is Rona and SeoHyunnie?'

'Miss Rona and the young miss are in the nursery. They have been waiting for your arrival sir.'

Nodding his head, Seokhoon grins as he charmingly pulls up his sleeves and walks down the narrow hallway of doors.

Stopping in front of a 2 door light mahogany door. The pianist twists the knob and pushes the door open. Immediately a wide smile plasters itself on his lips.

The cause of this smile?

It was none other than the presence of one of the most important females in his life.

His lovely wife and his daughter.

Seokhoon grins as he walks towards Rona and wraps his arm around his wife, leaning down the male swiftly steals a peck from the female and turns his attention to the little infant who was cuddled in her mother's arms.

Gently and carefully stroking the baby's cheeks. Joo Seokhoon speaks up in a gentle tone.

'You know what..... When I first discovered that your dearest eomma here was pregnant with you back then.

I was scared....'

As Seokhoon spoke up, Rona tilts her head to look at her husband.

'I was scared.... That I might become the same as my father. But, after seeing you and hearing your cries on the day you were born.

Something inside me shifted, and a voice inside my head reassured me that I was nothing like him.

So, thank you SeoHyun ah.... Thanks to you, appa has finally broken free from that single insecurity and trauma that's haunted me eversince.

You must be appa and eomma's guardian angel.'

Smiling wide at Seokhoon's statement, Rona leans forward and pecks her husband's cheeks.

'I'm proud of you Seokhoon ah.... and I'm sure SeoHyunnie here is too.'

Notes:

Yasssss another update, it won't be long before I finally update the last chapter.

I have officially wrapped up writing for this au, yasssssss this au finally has a ending.

Was pretty emo to actually even write the last few words. But finally, my first au will soon be completed ❤️💐✨

Happy Reading y'all

-🍑