16//Pain From The Past

Year 2020
Seoul, South Korea
45th Floor of Hera Palace || YoonHee's Apartment

Rona was cleaning her mom's room, one by one she folded her clothes and put them inside a box. Her face held no emotions, pale and her eyes were swollen. It was as if she lost her will to live.

It was 2 months after her mother's death. A month ago, everything ended Dantae and the rest of the people who caused them so much harm reached their end and all the dark secrets exploited for the world to know, her mother's image meanwhile was restored, flowers were sent to her grave and letters of condolences and apologies sent to Rona.

Only now, 2 months later could she go in and clean her mother's belongings. She picks up a picture frame with the picture of her, Yoonchul and her mother and down came the tears that she thought were so dried up.

Due to her lack of strength, she dropped the heavy glass frame and it landed on her feet, blood seeped the marble floor and oddly enough she could not feel pain.

She sat down the floor and watched as blood gushed out her feet and legs, she gazes at the blood stained picture and laughed.

'Why did you keep that eomma? Why are you so foolish?'

She started weeping, burying her head on her knees she started to feel dizzy.

At the same time, her doorbell rings but before she could even stand and answer it. Rona's world turns black.

Seokhoon rings the doorbell of the apartment deciding to take Rona out for a bit to help her cheer up. After a few minutes he starts to worry. Rona was surely in the house, he never lets her go alone anywhere due to her current state. Seokhoon decides to punch in the password and enters the apartment.

'Rona yah... Where are you?'

Sensing that something was wrong, he goes in to the corner to see the master bedroom's door slightly opened.

He heads in and his heart stops beating. There she was, his love laying on the floor. Blood was stained everywhere.

Seokhoon goes to Rona and checks her pulse, she was breathing but it was weak. Taking out his phone, he dials his mom and tells her to meet him at the hospital.

Taking his handkerchief, he wraps it on the deep scars on her feet. Swiftly he carries Rona out to the elevator. He was met by Jenny outside who looked so terrified and shocked at the scene in front of her.

Jenny helps him and rushes to the elevator.

Once at the parking lot, he puts Rona into the backseat and Jenny follows putting pressure on the wound. Seokhoon drives them to the hospital.

Year 2020
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul National Hospital

Year 2020Seoul, South Korea Seoul National Hospital

'Rona yah, where are you... Where is Bae Rona's room? '

A panicked Suryeon enters the hospital, runs to the elevators and heads off to the private room Rona was transferred to.

She was met by Seokhoon who was on Rona's bedside and Jenny seated on the couch.

' What happened Seokhoon ah, Is she alright? '

Suryeon holds Rona's hands as she scans her face for injuries, Rona still unconscious. Seokhoon explains that because of the scars she had on her feet and legs, it led to huge blood loss which contributed to her fainting but also because she wasn't eating and sleeping well. She also lost a lot of weight and was not in a good state. Doctors injected IV's to help her recover the nutrients she lack and strength.

Suryeon sits down relieved that it wasn't anything that would be serious.

'Did you call her father?'

'Not yet... Should I inform him now?'

'No... Let me, I'll call him now you both can stay with Rona for a while.'

Suryeon heads out to the hallway and dials Ha YoonChul. It took him at least 8 seconds to pick up.

'Doctor Ha.... It's me Shim Suryeon.I have to inform you, Rona was rushed to the hospital today. She fainted, would you like to come visit her?'

At that statement, Yoonchul loses his energy and starts to panic. He starts asking questions about Rona and quickly goes to gather his keys. Suryeon explains everything to him and he slightly calms down, informing Suryeon that he was going to the hospital immediately he hangs up.

Getting his jacket, Yoonchul opens the door only to be stopped by a voice behind him.

'Appa.... Where are you going?'

Eunbyeol stares at her father as he was about to go out.

'Rona was rushed to the hospital today, I have to go see what happened and take care of the things that need to be taken care of.'

Eunbyeol's eyes widened and she quickly tells him to wait for her as she was also coming with him.

Yoonchul and Eunbyeol, frantically enters the private room to see Jenny, Suryeon, Seokhoon and Minhyuk. Eunbyeol not even bothering to glance at anyone goes to her half sister's side and caressed her unconscious face. She starts to cry.

'Rona yah, what happened. Why did you let this happen to yourself?'

Yoonchul calms his daughter down and goes to thank Suryeon for her help.

Over the months, Eunbyeol and Rona have developed a real sisterly bond. They had become real sisters and Eunbyeol surely had a soft spot for her half sister.

' Thank you very much, Ms. Shim without your guidance and love. My daughter won't even be safe right now.'

Suryeon smiles at Yoonchul and points to her son who was standing stiftly at the entrance of Yoonchul.

'It wasn't me who took care and saved Rona, Seokhoon was the real hero who saved her.'

Yoonchul holds Seokhoon's hands and simply tells him a thank you rather emotionally. Seokhoon bowed at him and moved aside as Yoonchul approaches Rona holding her hands.

The group watched as the father-daughter duo took both sides of Rona's bed. They became a family, without their mothers but it was clear as daylight. They were a family now.

As Yoonchul observes and strokes his daughter's face. Seokhoon thinks about something and decides to have a discussion with Yoonchul after Rona has fully recovered.

Notes:

I wrote this chapter a day after Ep. 05 aired, you could tell the writing on this chapter is shitty cause I was so upset and annoyed with that episode,anyway I quickly recovered in the next chapter which I will probably release tomorrow 🤖

More sweet moments to come in the next few chapters, also I have to thank all my readers who put this book in their reading lists, I couldn't one by one message you guys cause I get so much notifs on wattpad that I literally can't find them anymore.

This book started out as something only for myself... But to all the readers who loved this and encouraged me to continue it.
Thx so much 💕

Happy reading and make sure to follow me so I can create polls for your guy's suggestions on future chapters.

-Author Danielle 🍑