18//Flustered

Year 2022
Seoul, South Korea
Seulli Arts University

Students all exit the great halls of the university in rush as the bell rings indicating the end of school.

Seokkyung runs up to Jenny and links their arms together. Jenny jumps a bit due to Seokkyung's actions but smiles at her acknowledging her presence.

'Yoo Jenny... Since Minhyuk won't be able to come and steal you away today.... Let's go shopping together.'

Minhyuk was going to New York today, he would always come and take Jenny home but due to the abrupt departure. He couldn't come and see Jenny.

Jenny nods and agrees with Seokkyung who was overjoyed, they walk to the exit to get in Seokkyung' s car until a voice stops them on their tracks.

'Joo Seokkyung...'

They turn around and there stands the popular Seulli kids. Baekkyung smiles as Seokkyung turns to him. Haru who was holding Danoh's hands snickers and whispers a silent good luck to Baekkyung as he drags his girlfriend to the corner with JuDa and DoHwa.

Seokkyung, clearly flustered tries to plaster her signature sassy face on and tightens her grip on Jenny.

As Baekkyung steps forward, Jenny realizing that Baekkyung might want some privacy untangles Seokkyung's arms from hers.

'Seokkyung ah... It seems you have to talk about something. I'll wait for you outside.'

Leaving quickly, Seokkyung panics and tries to reach for Jenny. But she had already went to far away out of her reach.

'Joo Seokkyung.... I was just wondering. If you are interested for dinner out with me tomorrow...'

Students start surrounding them listening to Baekkyung's invitation. Seokkyung getting flustered, tries to reject his invitation but due to the anount of people surrounding them she felt peer pressure.

Jenny who was peeking in the corner, covers her mouth as she smiles and furiously taps on her phone.

Seokkyung feeling all the gazes and pressure from the crowd, puts on her signature sassy face.

'Fine... Pick me up at Hera Palace tomorrow 4pm.'

She then confidently march off taking Jenny's hands and heading inside Seokkyung's car. Jenny silently observes Seokkyung as she tries to fix herself and calms herself down from her red face and beating heart.

Year 2022
New York, USA
Penthouse, Shim Towers

A 'ding' sound continously echoes through the dark room. It was 1AM in the morning. 2 figures lay on the bed softly snoring away

Rona, awaken by the sound of her phone. Slowly opens her eyes and tries to escape Seokhoon's embrace and sits up from her bed.

Confused and still sleepy she takes her phone from the nightstand and checks the messages.

'What type of crazy person messages you at 1AM. Come back and sleep Rona yah... It's too early to be bothered.'

Seokhoon, already annoyed awakes from his deep slumber complains as Rona sits up from the bed.

'It's Jenny... She seems to have forgotten once again about the time difference.'

Laying back down on his arms, Seokhoon slightly tightens their embrace and leans his forehead on hers. Closing his eyes, he speaks in a hushed voice.

'What did she say..?'

'Seokkyung-ie was apparently asked out by a guy.'

Realizing it was not that important or alerting. Seokhoon nods and whispers for them to go back to sleep.

At the thought of Jenny, Rona remembers something and looks up at her boyfriend who had his eyes closed.

' Seokhoon ah.... Minhyuk will arrive tonight.'

Seokhoon simply gives a slight hummm of acknowledgement. Meaning his too sleepy to care so let's talk about it later.

Realizing that he went back to sleep, Rona decides to just discuss it with him in the morning.

It was a Saturday morning, Rona got up early at 6am and told the maids she would prepare breakfast for the day. It's been a long time since they ate a Korean meal hence she decided to cook for today.

Setting up the table, she heads out to the terrace, wearing her long pink nightgown.

It was chilly and her nightie flowed through the breeze of wind.

A pair of long arms wrap her in a backhug abruptly causing her to slightly jump.

'It's so cold out here.... What are you doing staying out here in that thin dress...?'

Rona smiles and holds the hands that were wrapped on her waist.

'I made breakfast today... I know you've been missing home foods recently. I cooked up your favorite.'

Grinning from excitement, Seokhoon pecks her cheeks thanking her and takes her hand in his pulling her inside for breakfast.

While eating, Rona talks about how Minhyuk would arrive tonight. She then advises the head maid to prepare a room for him. He would stay for a week,he had a family business situation that he had to take care of.

While they had no school for the day. The couple decided to stay at home to practice for the upcoming contest. They decided to stay in the music room as Seokhoon plays the piano and Rona practices singing the song.

It was at around 3PM when Rona decided to take a little nap and Seojun, Minho and Mina came by to continue the composition project together. Over the few weeks and months, they have all started to become good friends. It was comfortable and fun, since they had finally started to adjust in this foreign place they could now possibly call home.

As Seokhoon and the three friends chat in the living room. Rona quickly dashes out her room and silently greets the group. She rushes off to the huge doors with the butler and maids frantically panicking at her speed.

Mr. Kim opens the door and Rona smiles at the figure in front of her.

'Lee Minhyuk... Welcome to New York.'

Notes:

It's freaking Penthouse day 😭
Penthouse S3Ep06
I dunno if I should be happy or nervous.

I'm so not ready with all the shitzzz that's about to happen. Anyway, I published this book on Archive of our Own ✨

Any theories on what might happen tonight?

Dunno why I'm so drained from all the stress 😢😐

Anyway, happy reading

-🍑