32// The Media

Year 2022
Seoul, South Korea
Seulli Arts University

As the trio exit the university together with the others, floods of reporters suddenly block and mob then unexpectedly.

'Ms. Bae can you comment about former director of CheongHa Cheon SeoJin' s passing? '

' Ms. Bae, you came back to Korea after such a long time what do yo----'

' Mr. Joo, Ms. Joo... Can we get a statement from you on your former stepmother's death----? '

The numerous questions bombard the Hera kids, camera lens being shoved on their faces. Pushing them and cornering them as if they were the prey who were being chased by a bunch of Hyenas.

Feeling dizzy and confused with the questions, Rona started to feel her chest tighten. She slowly felt that familiar feeling of drowning and the painful deja vu from 2 years ago play in her mind. The reporters hunted and chased her nonstop, even destroying her mom's funeral. She was branded a 'murderer's daughter'....

And then..... Everything went black.

'RONA YAH!!!!'

Seokhoon shouts as Seokkyung, Jenny, Minhyuk and the Seulli gang with a little help from security push the reporters out of the way.

Seokhoon holds Rona's unconscious body in his arms, shaking her with tears in his eyes and panic written all over his face.

A streak of warm and dark red blood slides down Rona's forehead and at that exact moment, Seokhoon sees red.... For a few seconds, the Hera kids saw someone from the past. The old and cruel Joo Seokhoon, whose gaze could kill.

Seokhoon looks up and glares at the reporters almost attacking them until Seokkyung stops him frantically reminding him of Rona who was unconscious in his arms.

Secretary Yoon, who accompanied the trio quickly pulls up the black tinted land rover and the Hera kids all squeeze in bidding a rushed goodbye to their other friends.

Seokhoon craddled Rona in his arms, with tears in his eyes. He shakes Rona's body squeezing her hands pleading her to wake up.

As fast as they left Seulli, they soon pull up at the emergency room of the hospital.

Year 2022
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul General Hospital

Laying Rona on a stretcher, the Hera kids all help with pushing and running with the emergency staff until they were stopped by the nurses because it was a only authorized personnel area.

Seokhoon slides down to the floor in tears as he starts to get anxious and covers his face with both his hands.

Seokkyung who tried to remain calm converse with her mother on the phone as she tries to figure out what was really happening

'Seokkyung ah, I'll send our bodyguards over there. Doctor Ha might not be able to go there now. Make sure to not answer anything or face the press.'

'Eomma... What is really happening?'

With a panicked stricken voice, Suryeon tells Seokkyung to ask Secretary Yoon as she had some important matters to attend to.

30 minutes later, the attending doctor exits the emergency room. Frantic, Seokhoon approaches the doctor who bowed respectfully to the Hera Kids.

'Doctor Kim... How is Rona? Is she okay? Is she awake?'

The doctor nods and reports back seriously to the frantic Seokhoon.

'Ms. Bae is stable now, she hit her head quite hard after fainting. That is why there is a cut/gash on her forehead. We have finished stitching it up. The young miss fainted due to her anxiety and stress.... We will admit her in the private suite roon and monitor her until she wakes up.'

Seokhoon lets out a sigh of relief along with a teary eyed Jenny and Minhyuk who stood in the corner listening to the doctor' s report.

Once everyone settled inside the room. Dazed and still shocked, Seokhoon held onto his unconscious girlfriend's hands.

'What the hell is going on... and what? Miss Cheon is dead?'

Minhyuk blurts out frustrated looking at his girlfriend who looked similarly dazed and shocked.

Just then a sweaty and tired Secretary Yoon enters the room.

'Young misses and masters, I came to report to all of you that... Former CheongHa foundation director Cheon SeoJin was found dead in her cell this morning. Investigations on the late Oh YoonHee' s murder has found crucial evidence and concluded that the former director herself is connected to the murder. '

At his shocking statement, all the Hera kids had their jaws agape and processed what was just said to them.

' What about Ha EunByeol? '

Jenny asks concerned for their other friend.

' Miss Eunbyeol has been informed and went straight to the funeral home with her father. Autopsy has concluded... The late former director will be cremated by tonight.'

' What are mother' s orders? '

Seokhoon asks as he grips onto Rona' s hands.

'Ms. Shim has already left a order that once Ms. Bae wakes up she will be transferred to the Penthouse where she will be taken care of by the family doctor.'

Seokhoon nods in understanding, Secretary Yoon soon exits while the others made themselves comfortable avoiding the stressful news and media outside.

At around 8pm, Rona started to stir in her sleep. Seokhoon got up and gently called her name.

Minhyuk and Jenny were cuddling in the couch silently snoring away. While Seokkyung, went out briefly to buy water from the vending machines in the hallway.

'Rona yah.... Are you okay?'

Finally returning a gentle squeeze on Seokhoon's hands, Rona opens her eyes and tries to recover from the bright hospital light. Feeling the sting on her forehead, she meets eyes with her worried and teary boyfriend.

'Seokhoon ah.... What's happening?'

'Why am I in a hospital...?'

Gathering her strength, Rona lifted her free hand and wiped the tears on Seokhoon's cheeks away.

Seokhoon strokes her hands and gives her a gentle smile.

'Don't scare me like that ever again....'

'OH MY GOD, Rona yah!!! Are you okay? Is your head hurting?'

A loud voice breaks the gentle and sweet moment, turns out Seokkyung had entered the room and due to her shouting Minhyuk and Jenny had already awoken and were standing at the foot of Rona's bed looking concerned.

There was a thought on Seokhoon' s mind. After seeing what had happened, it confirmed his thoughts that he did not want Rona to spend her life back here. In fact, if he could he wanted to quickly jump on a plane and leave as soon as possible. How funny..... It's been two years since they came home but somehow misfortune seems to only follow them here.

Notes :

Update again today 💕

My brain is not working again, I'm still thinking about how to do the time skip for this AU..... It's so freaking complicated 🤣

I still don't have wifi and this actually purely sucks.

Do you guys think the drama will end in a happy ending?

What are your thoughts? ✨💐

Happy Reading 😁💕
Thanks for supporting this AU, I'm seriously thankful and touched by your compliments.

-🍑