77// Their First Home Together

Year 2026
New York, USA
Penthouse, Shim Towers

A few months into 2026, Seokhoon silently cradled his daughter in his arms as he tried to get her back to sleep amidst the loud sounds of rain outside their luxurious home.

In a month, they would finally move back to South Korea.

Since then, SeoHyun has grew much and gained much.

She had plump cheeks and round adoring eyes that Seokhoon would call 'glass doll eyes'.

It was safe to say that Joo Seokhoon was a fool for his daughter since he had pretty much made the nursery his 'unofficial' bedroom since SeoHyun was born.

Humming a soft lullaby, Seokhoon would occasionally make baby talks just to amuse his daughter.

It flutters his heart just to hear her adorable giggles.

As SeoHyun glanced at him with her big and glassy eyes, Seokhoon grins and speaks to her in a cute tone.

'SeoHyunnie... You should only look at appa like that okay?

I bet once you grow up, there would be a swarm of suitors trying to court you. Since your Joo Seokhoon and Bae Rona's daughter, no doubt you'll be the most beautiful girl ever.

Once there are males trying to hit on you, make sure to tell appa first.

And I'll make sure to punch some sen--'

Cut off by a female voice, Seokhoon turns around and slightly jumps at the presence of his wife in the doorway.

'Punch some what!!?'

Shaking her head in disapproval, Rona slightly glares at her husband as she takes SeoHyun away from the male.

'You shouldn't speak like that..... Especially in front of your own daughter. Also, Joo Seokhoon.... Please don't be too overprotective.

It'll take years before SeoHyun gets suitors.

She literally has to learn how to speak and write first yet your already worried about that.

Stop thinking and doing things in advance.'

Clicking her tongue at her husband's childish attitude, Rona smiles at her daughter and ever so gently lays the little baby in her crib.

Seokhoon gazes at his snoozing daughter with his gentle and warm eyes.

'I know I've said this countless of times but.... She's so beautiful, just like you.'

Scrunching her face at his ment, Rona crosses her arms and speaks in a hushed voice.

'Seriously? Even after becoming a father... You haven't let go of your silly and corny pick up lines?'

As if thinking of a comeback, Joo Seokhoon smirks and teasingly looks at his wife.

'How about this... Since you want me to let go of my corny pick up lines. You should give me something in return.'

Tilting her head in confusion, Rona pouts her lips and signals the male to continue.

'When should we start trying for the 2nd child?'

There was a comfortable few seconds silence that took over the nursery. It wasn't until Rona coldly glares at the male did he finally apologize whilst silently laughing as to not wake the adorable SeoHyun.

'Try to be pregnant for once dear husband.... You won't even probably last for 5 seconds.'

After checking if SeoHyun would not wake anymore. The couple move out to the huge living room of the Shim Towers Penthouse.

For the past few years since their Julliard years, they had both lived here and even during the early stages of their post and pre marriage.... Indeed, they had both made amazing memories together in this place.

Hence, it wasn't easy for them to leave it and go back to the same place which sent them here.

New York had basically become the symbolism of Rona and Seokhoon's healing process after the painful and traumatic events of the past.

But there is a saying that you cannot avoid the past or your greatest fear forever.

It was time....

Time for them to go back and face whatever that was left in that fear and trauma that pushed them away.

Whatever might happen or come towards them in the future, the young couple knew....

They were more than ready to face it all, as long as they had their beautiful family together.

Pouring wine into the 2 glass flasks, Seokhoon grinned as he and Rona exited the living room and went out the breezy balcony.

The couple sat in silence as they enjoyed each others company.

No words were needed as they took in every last view of the first place they had called 'home' together.

As they toasted their glasses together, Seokhoon grins as he leans in and captures his wife's lips.... Perhaps as a silent way of comforting her and at the same time thanking her for every single thing she's did and gave him.

-1 Month Later-

'Rona yah.... Are you ready yet?'

Walking out the master bedroom with SeoHyun in her arms, Rona nods and smiles at her husband.

'Seohyunnie and I are more than ready..... Let's go?'

Scanning the penthouse for the last time, Seokhoon smiles and nods.

As the maids and workers all helped the family load all their luggages in the car, Rona sighs as she whispers to her sleepy daughter.

'We're going to go home now SeoHyun ah.... You'll finally be able to meet your grandpa and aunt more often now.'

There were less luggage than expected, considering Seokhoon had already sent all their heavy things a week before to Seoul.

As they finished loading in all the luggages, Seokhoon turns around and smiles at his wife and daughter.

Walking forward, he leans down and pecks his daughter with a gentle fatherly smile.

'Let's go home princess'

Notes:

2 chaptersss leftttt
Yasssss we're almost done.
I'm so gonna miss this universe but anyways.... If you guys wanna become moots or simply chat with me occasionally feel free to leave some messages in my Twitter and Instagram

Instagram - @dengieplans or @dengienini
Twitter- @PeachBread5

Love y'all and byeeee your gal is currently attending online classes. I swear I haven't had a complete sleep since I became a freshman
😴🌌

Leaving heartssss from the queens ❤️

Happy Reading y'all
-🍑