54// Blessing

Year 2024
New York, USA
Penthouse, Shim Towers

It was yet another cool and calm morning in the penthouse.

Seokhoon and Rona sat across from each other as they ate their breakfast and chat about the recent business meetings and plans they both had been working on.

Rona slowly ate her rice until she felt the fast and unexpected feeling of something on her throat.

Trying to stay calm and ignoring the uncomfortable feeling, she tries to focus on Seokhoon as he talks about a work meeting until her head also betrays her and she gives up trying to conceal the feeling.

Rona gags catching Seokhoon's attention. Covering her mouth to prevent the puking, tears streak down the sides of her eyes as the uncomfortable sensation builds up yet again.

Suddenly gagging yet again, Seokhoon jolts up and kneels down on the floor beside his wife's chair.

'What's wrong? Are you okay? Do you want to go to the bathroom?'

With her eyes closed and a trickle of cold sweat down her forehead, Rona gathers herself and looks up to give Seokhoon a reassuring smile.

'It's probably just because of the stress from yesterday.... Don't worry, I'll be fine.'

Seokhoon observes her face and swiftly decides in a flash. He carries her bridal style making her jump due to his sudden action.

Carrying Rona with ease in his arms, Seokhoon turns and calls for the head maid.

' Ms. Yoon, please call the doctor in today. I'll take Rona to the bedroom and wait for him there.'

Bowing their heads politely, the maids and the butler run off immediately to follow their master's orders.

'Seokhoon ah, I can walk perfectly fine on my own.'

'Well... I'm not fine, I should've been more attentive and had your private secretary cancel all those meetings and practice instead.'

Pushing open the wooden doors with his feet, Seokhoon gently lays Rona down on the huge bed and arranges the blankets for her.

Sitting down on the bed, Seokhoon gently holds her hands and finally speaks.

' Don't worry and rest up.... I knew something was wrong since we came back from Jenny and Minhyuk's wedding last month. You should maybe get some shut eye while I go out and wait for the doctor.'

Leaning in to peck her forehead, Seokhoon exits the bedroom to wait for their doctor' s arrival.

Seokhoon plops down on the couch with worry evident on his face and sends messages to his secretary to clear out all his schedule for the day.

He had noticed the huge change in Rona since a month ago when they were in Korea for Jenny and Minhyuk's nuptials.

She had suddenly complained of constant nausea, headaches and always slept early due to her getting tired and lethargic for no reason at all.

The sound of the door breaks Seokhoon out of his thoughts as he stands quickly and pulls up his white polo's sleeves.

Their family doctor had finally arrived and went straight to Seokhoon to shake his hands.

'Chairman Joo, I apologize..... Traffic was bad when you called for me. What may be the problem?'

Seokhoon shakes hands with the doctor and nods in understanding.

'My wife has been feeling unwell these days.... I'm very concerned hence I asked you for a abrupt home visit.'

The doctor nods and follows Seokhoon down the hallways to enter the master bedroom where Rona was already sound asleep.

As the doctor prepares his things, Seokhoon softly taps Rona and wakes her to help her sit up.

Seokhoon silently sits beside his wife as the doctor asked Rona questions and took notes.

The consultation lasted around 20 minutes, until the doctor stood up and asked Seokhoon to follow him out.

Reassuring Rona and helping her lay back down. Seokhoon follows the doctor out to the living room.

Seokhoon silently clasps his hands together as he observes the middle aged man's expressions.

'First of all Chairman Joo, I'd like to congratulate you....'

Confused at the doctor's overjoyed face, Seokhoon urges him to continue.

'I don't know why Mrs. Joo has not yet told you but after receiving a check up yesterday.... We have informed her of her expecting.'

Time seems to have froze for Seokhoon as he processed the doctor's words.

Him? A father? It was too much and sudden for him to take in.

The corner of Seokhoon' s lips soon curve up as his eyes light up.

'Do you mean... My wife is pregnant? As in a little fetus is growing inside her?'

The doctor chuckles at Seokhoon's excited tone and nods. Clasping his hands together, he slowly explains.

'Mrs. Joo has been pregnant for 1 and a half months already.... It's almost gonna be 2 months. It seems she did not notice the symptoms and her growing belly considering it is still unnoticeable. I recommend that she take rests more often and less stress to keep both the mother and baby safe. '

Seokhoon nods in excitement as he thanks the doctor and shakes his hands.

Walking the doctor out, Seokhoon returns with pride and joy on his face.

The butler smiles and bows at his master.

' I sincerely congratulate master's good news, a new addition to the family will always be a wonderful news and blessing.'

Grinning from ear to ear, Seokhoon turns and smiles at his butler.

'Mr. Kim... Starting today make sure Rona doesn't lift even one finger. She's carrying our child, I can't let her be exhausted.'

As the staff politely bow and smile at the overjoyed and expecting father. Seokhoon wonders.... Why Rona hasn't told him anything if she had already been informed since yesterday's unexpected doctor visit.

Notes :

Yayyyyy she's preggooo, it's actually no fun already since you guys have already guessed this since the last chapters.

Well.... Enjoy it guys 🥰

Btw, here's something....

So here's the thing

So here's the thing....

I just saw the spoilers and at this point, I think I'll just really forget the drama.

Author Danielle's soul will stay in the AU world.

By the way if you guys have requests and stuff, head over to Twitter.

I'm so in the mood to do other one shots before ep 13 airs. 😭

Happy Reading

-🍑