39// For Eternity

Year 2022
Seoul,South Korea
Garden, Hera Palace

With only 2 minutes until it was the new year, Seokhoon finally calms himself down and with a determined look faces his girlfriend.

'Rona yah... On my darkest days, you came into my life and became the light of my dark world. You are my first love, my comfort and the person who knew and loved me as my own person. I love you a lot and want to cherish this life with you forever.....'

Suddenly, Seokhoon let's go of Rona' s hands and kneels down startling Rona.

'I'm shamelessly asking you.... If you feel the same way and if you'd be willing to spend the rest of your life with me?'

With that simple remark, Seokhoon calmly takes out a small blue velvet box and opens it. Rona was now tearing up realizing what was finally happening.

At that exact moment, the fairylights of the garden lit up. On the wall behind them was different polaroid picture of the couple from their first years together to the most recent one.

Overwhelmed with tears in her eyes, Rona looks at her boyfriend who was patiently kneeling with hopeful eyes.

Rona nods and finally grants him a answer.

Nodding furiously as if her life depended on it, streaks of tears slide down her cheeks. Rona silently mumbles a small 'yes', confirming her decision

Rona suddenly initiates the first actions and leans down to kiss a frozen and stunned Seokhoon. 

Suddenly fireworks started to explode on the night sky. Indicating it was finally the new year. The couple didn't even pay much attention, they were all over each other.

The lovers soon pull away from the kiss and they gaze at each other with so much love and excitement.

'Happy new year.... My dear fiancée'

Rona says as Seokhoon grins at her.
It was finally January 1, as the couple cuddle each other watching the non stop fireworks show in front of them. Rona admires the ring that now rests on her finger.

'When did you get the time to actually prepare this?'

Rona asks curiously as she strokes the diamond.

Holding her hand and also gazing at the ring, Seokhoon smiles.

'I designed it.... I asked mom and Logan a favor, they helped me with it. A blue diamond usually means peace, truth, eternity and devotion. I want our love to be like that and the crown like design means, you are the only queen that rules over my heart.'

Rona chuckles and pecks Seokhoon' s lips.

'I didn't know that you.... my Joo Seokhoon could be so cheesy.'