64// Fleeting Time

Year 2025
Seoul, South Korea
Ha General Hospital

'Doctor Ha.... You might want to meet your guests' right now. '

Yoonchul looks up at his secretary with an exhausted expression as he tapped away on his computer.

As the 2 people enter his office, the annoyance on the elder male' s face is replaced with a grin that screamed pure happiness.

Without a moment to spare, Yoonchul rushes out from his huge wooden mahogany desk towards the female who smiled at him.

Stepping forward to scan the female, Yoonchul grins ane carefully holds her hands.

'Rona yah.... It's been months since I last saw you. Eunbyeol told me of your arrival last night.... You should've called me, I would've visited you as soon as you both landed.'

Rona smiles and tightens the grip of their interlaced hands as she reassures her father.

' It's okay appa, Seokhoon and I were pretty beat last night. Also it was already very late....'

Yoonchul nods as he smiles brightly at his daughter, trailing his gaze down her belly. He smiles as tears start to pool into his eyes.

It was the first time ever since he heard the news of her expecting that he'd see and witness her in such state physically.

The elder male gently strokes his daughter's cheeks and without any words said. His proud and joyful gaze conveyed every little message and feeling he wanted her to receive / know.

'Your mom would have been overjoyed to see this.'

Rona nods and smiles sweetly as she engulfs her father in yet another hug.

Turning his attention to his son in law, Yoonchul straightens his white lab coat and pats the tall male's shoulders.

Seokhoon slightly freezes on his spot as he politely locks his hands together and greet his father in law.

'You'll be a great father..... Take good care of your health and take good care of my daughter.... Or else, I warned you before. You remember that.... Don't you?'

Seokhoon grins and replies with a nod and polite chuckle.

Clapping his hands and lightening the mood with his bright laugh. Yoonchul leads the couple to his couch area and sits down.

' So.... When will you both go back to New York? If I'm not mistaken Rona is due next month. Shouldn't you hurry back, it's not recommended to fly when your heavily pregnant. I don't even understand how you managed that flight last night.'

Rona chuckles and nods in agreement as she touches her belly to slowly adjust herself on the couch.

' Actually.....Seokhoon and I decided that it would be a lot better to stay here until I give birth. '

As Yoonchul processed his daughter' s statement. His eyes widen and fill with excitement.

'You mean.... Your giving birth here!!?'

Seokhoon answers for his wife as he smiles at his father in law's overjoyed face.

'We both decided that it would be better that Rona give birth here so that everyone would be part of it..... It's a special time for us and we wanted our friends and families to join in on our beautiful journey.'

Nodding in understanding, Yoonchul smiles.

' I'm happy you both made that decision, I'll ask my secretary to prepare a suite here so that whenever you may go into labor. It's all prepared. '

Rona nods and clings onto her father's arms as she gives him her adorable pout.

'As expected..... I knew having an appa who owns a hospital would come in good use somehow. Your grandchild would be very thankful. Thank you so much.'

Grinning, Yoonchul nods as he pinches his daughter's cheeks sweetly.

'Aigoo... Your going to be a mother soon yet you still act cute. Don't call me a grandfather, I'm still pretty young.'

The trio soon break into a fit of laughter at YoonChul's comment.

Looking at his wrist, Yoonchul claps his hands and holds his daughter's hands.

' How bout we go and eat a little brunch with your sister? It's been such a long time since I dined with you both.'

Seokhoon was the one to reply this time. With his dashing smile, he nods politely at his father in law.

'Sure, abbeoji..... Where do you think we should go?'

With his fatherly smile and excited tone, Yoonchul glances at his daughter and takes out his phone to make a instant reservation.

'I just made a reservation at a nice restaurant. We'll be dining in a private room since I don't want you to feel uncomfortable.'

Rona smiles and thanks her father with a little peck on his cheeks.

He had always been a fool for his daughters, but it was very evident to anyone that YoonChul valued every little moment with both Eunbyeol and Rona.

Especially since, Rona will soon become a mother and finally will be having her own family.

Time was fleeting in Ha YoonChul's mind. He wasn't there for majority of Rona's life and now that she's suddenly having her own happy family. It feels a lot bittersweet for him, he wanted to give her the fatherly love she was longing for the majority of her life. But, he was also very happy that she had finally found a beautiful path for her own happy ending.

YoonChul swiftly stands to take his lab coat off and wears his blazer.

After a little adjusting, the elder male links his arms with his daughter as he carefully and protectively leads her out the door.

Seokhoon could only follow behind the father daughter duo with a smile on his face.

As they walk towards the elevator, Yoonchul nags as usual but with a sweeter and gentle tone.

'Your 8 months pregnant yet you still wear heels.... You should really quit wearing those and also stop wearing tight dresses.... Also drink tons of water and try to ta----'

Rona swiftly places her finger in her father's lips with a slight glare.

'Appa.... Stop being like Seokhoon, I'm taking good care of myself perfectly.'

Rona crosses her arms together with a slight pout as she sulks.

From behind her father and husband could only smirk and chuckle at her adorable actions.

Notes :

IT'S BEEN SUCH A LONG TIME!!!

I'M SO SORRY 😭

Here's the thing I didn't want to rush myself in writing new chapters when I'm not in the mood cause it'll come out ugly.

I'll update much often now since midterms are long over and hopefully I can tie up some loose ends and present more chapters soon.

Happy Reading and thanks for letting this au surpassing 60k
🎉

I also updated my other au's today so it's a update spree 🎂🎊

For chats or just want to be moots
Go follow me on Twitter or Wattpad or....

Message me on my Instagram - dengieplans

Happy Reading

-🍑