11//Not Yet Late

Year 2022
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul Hospital

2 gentle knocks echoed through the small and humble clinic. Yoonchul looks up from his patient files and smiles brightly.

'Appa... I brought lunch for you.'

Eunbyeol, wearing a simple white long sleeve and a pair of black pants. Smile sweetly as she enters her father's clinic holding a small lunch box.

Yoonchul stands from his black chair and goes to get the little bag from his daughter.

' Wow.. You didn't have to, but thank you Eunbyeol ah. Did you finish class early today?'

'Yes, the professor dismissed us early. So I thought I could just go home with you later.'

Yoonchul nods and beckons his daughter to sit on the consulting chair in front of his desk.

Yoonchul's office was very lighted. It had adequate windows and family pictures everywhere.(Mostly, pictures of his daughters) On his mahogany desk was a framed picture of him and his 2 daughters. Taken the day Rona left for the US at Hera.

He cared a lot, in fact after Yoonhee died. He received full custody of Rona and became a very good father to her despite the awkward tension lingering on the air. Eunbyeol and him also had a good relationship, considering they now live in the same house. Also, since Seojin was sent to jail for her sins. She had a longer sentence than the other adults, the video of her and her father was leaked. Hence she became a murderer.

Yoonchul, was hesitant to send Rona to the states but understanding that his daughter may feel much happier and better, he agreed only before he had a long and serious 'dad talk' with Seokhoon.

Eunbyeol looks at her dad and takes out a little box from her bag. She showed him a pair of blue stone earrings.

Yoonchul looks at his daughter confused.

'Did you buy it? Where did you get the money?'

'No... I received it from the packages today. Rona bought it for my 23rd birthday. She also included a little card.'

Yoonchul smiles and looks at his beaming daughter. They were now simply normal, not rich but also not poor. Seojin's company went to her stepsister, hence Eunbyeol was left with no inheritance. Yoonchul also thought it was better since being related to a company which hides so much dark secrets simply would add more pain and scars for Eunbyeol.

Rona, of course has the inheritance her mother left behind. Also, Suryeon sometimes secretly supports her (although she won't tell Rona because she will reject help).

'It's very beautiful..... Your sister has good taste.'

'I know right? I talked to her on the phone a while ago and I heard that she and Seokhoon would be representing their batch at the international competition.....'

Yoonchul, surprised cuts his daughter's words and proudly smiles.

'Jinjja? She'll be entering that worldwide competition?'

Eunbyeol smiles at her father's hype up and beaming face and nods.

'I was also supposed to tell you. Rona is asking me to give you her invitation to travel to Brussels for her competition.'

Eunbyeol brings out 2 tickets from her bag and shows it to her dad.

'She sent us 2 tickets.... Appa, can we go? We're Rona' s only family. I want to go and support her. '