55// The Fruit Of Our Love

Year 2024
New York, USA
Penthouse, Shim Towers

Seokhoon enters the master bedroom only to find the bed empty. Noticing the opened balcony door, he heads out and sure enough his wife was there silently gazing at nothingness as the warm breeze of the midday blew away.

'What are you doing out here? It's a bit too hot here isn't it?'

Rona turns around and smiles at her husband. Shaking her head she inhales the fresh midday air.

'I'll be okay... It isn't too hot anyway.'

Seokhoon smiles at her actions and gazes at her stomach. He grins at the thought of a human growing inside and notices that there indeed was a little bump growing.

Seokhoon could only wonder how could he have not noticed at all? They slept together and are almost always together.... He didn't even see the difference and doubted anything.

Crossing his arms on his chest, Seokhoon observes Rona's face as she focused on the busy city view.

'I know you'll probably be fine, but the little fetus your carrying might be complaining soon cause it's hot here.'

Rona's eyes widen as she freezes and turns to cross eyes with her husband.

Tears unexpectedly trickled down her eyes as her expression changed into a mix of guilt and shock.

Startled at her reaction, Seokhoon steps forward and holds her hands.

' Why are you crying? Aren't you happy?'

Rona shakes her head as she manages eye contact with him.

'It's not that.... I just think you might be upset since it's too early. I found out yesterday when Mina took me to the hospital, I'm sorry that I had to deceive you.'

Seokhoon chuckles at her reaction and gently wraps her in his arms.

'It's okay.... I'm not angry, thank you Rona yah. We're gonna be parents in a matter of 8 months.'

Releasing her from the sweet and comforting embrace, Seokhoon adoringly gaze at her.

The mood soon shifts from emotional to excitement quick as Seokhoon raises his voice and grins.

' We're going to be parents soon, can you believe it? There's a little baby growing inside of you and we made it!!!'

Rona chuckles at her husband's childish remark and scrunches her face to stroke Seokhoon's face.

'Babo yah.... It's not yet a baby, it's still a fetus. Plus we didn't make it, it's the result of our blossomed love. Can't you use proper wording to not ruin the mood?'

Not even listening to her nagging and sarcastic reply, Seokhoon kneels down to be eye level with her stomach.

Leaning forward to gently press his right ear to her belly, he grins like a excited child.

'Hello baby, it's me your appa....'

Rona smiles as tears threaten to once again prick her eyes, but this time it wasn't sadness or guilt.

It was tears of pure happiness and joy after observing Seokhoon's excited reactions and actions even if he had just found out like a few seconds ago.

Seokhoon looks up after realizing his wife had been extremely silent.

A slight frown slowly makes his way onto his face as he stands to hold her hands.

Rona grins and shakes her head.

'I'm just very happy Seokhoon ah.... We're here now, starting a family together. After all the things we've been through..... I just want you to know that I'm so happy to be with you and this little munchkin I'm carrying is proof of our love together.'

Seokhoon adores his wife's cute little banter and leans in to peck her forehead.

'You do not have any idea how overjoyed I am.... My heart could burst right here and right now Rona yah. I'm also very happy, this time we'll give him/her a happy life... I'll make sure of it, that the misfortunes of the past will never follow and affect our lives anymore. This time we make new memories and shower him/her with sincere love and care. '

Rona gently nods as the couple embrace and silently take in the news of them becoming parents very soon.

The couple was very determined now.

Determined that their child would never have to face the wraths of the dark past they shared.

In particular, Seokhoon had a glint of fire in his eyes. A determination that he will never turn out like his father.

To prove to the world and himself that.... he would be a better and loving father and would not turn out to be the snake as his own devil of a father had once called him.

As the couple soon retire back in their bedroom. Rona sits on the humongous bed as Seokhoon sits beside her looking through her schedule and planning everything for her.

'It's seems like we might have to cancel some of your future shows. The doctor advised you to take a rest since it's the first time.....'

Although Rona was disappointed that she'd have to take a break. She understood and knew this was her first pregnancy hence it wasn't going to be easy.

She gently nods agreeing to Seokhoon's plan and lays on the headboard as she still felt nauseous.

'Okay then.... The concert next month will be the last until further notice. We'll announce to the public of you expecting once you finish the concert next month. But first.... How do we tell our family and friends?'

Rona glances at her husband as her father and Eunbyeol popped into her mind.

Just how will they tell them?

Notes :
So from this chapter onwards it's probably gonna be happy chapters left.

There's still a lot of chapters so don't you guys worry 💞🥰❤️

Penthouse is coming to an end... I'm not gonna expect too much but it's been hella fun. Especially writing fanfics for you guys and all those shippers out there.

Whether you are a fan who's patiently waiting for a new episode each week or you are from the future who just took a liking at the drama when it's already completed...

Its been such a ride... As expected of a makjang drama.

Anyway my notes ends here, I have many classes tomorrow hence I'm updating today 💞🥰❤️

The way freaking Youngdae looks at her on top...

Seokrona who? I only know KimKim 🤣👀

Happy Reading 🏆

-🍑