20//Date

Year 2022
Seoul, South Korea
45th Floor of Hera Palace || Mari's Apartment

Scrolling through her phone, Jenny looks at the tweet Minhyuk uploaded recently. She chuckles catching the attention of her mother and father who sat across from her on the breakfast table.

'Young lady... What did I tell you about phone' s on the dining table? '

Slightly shocking Jenny, Dongpil holds Mari' s hand calming her down and smiles at his daughter.

'Our dear Jenny, you seem to have been smiling. What is so interesting on your phone?'

Jenny smiles at her dad and grins at him.

'Minhyuk posted this on Twitter, It seems like he became a third party.'

Showing her phone to her parents, Jenny smiles at the thought of Minhyuk becoming a third wheel for a week.

Mari stares at the picture and gently smiles

'Is Rona adjusting well to New York life?'

Cutting up her toast, Jenny nods and smiles as they converse about Rona.

'She's been very happy, I think moving away from here was a great decision.'

Mari nods in agreement.

'It must have been hard for her. She lost her mom, out of everyone she only had her mom... But, at least Seokhoon is with her.'

Jenny silently agrees sadly, Dongpil looking at his wife and daughter starts getting curious.

'So... When they graduate, will they both come back to Hera Palace? Isn't the unit Rona and her mom used to live in already sold?'

Mari waves her hand indicating she was about to explain something.

'No... I had a conversation with Suryeon ssi. Apparently, those 2 plan to live there forever. There's still no apparent plans but that's what Seokhoon intends to do.... Well, I guess it is for the best. Coming back here for both of them would be the reminder of all they had to go through. '

Dongpil nods in agreement and Jenny follows suit thinking about it for a while.

' Who knows... It might be much better for those 2 to start anew. Sooner or later they might be the first to start a family among us. '

Jenny remarks making her parents look at her.

'What do you mean' among us'? Are you planning to get married to Lee Minhyuk early? '

Dongpil' s panicked voice asks his daughter.

'No... Appa that wasn't what I meant. I meant Seokhoon and Rona obviously love each other, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if they both ended up marrying early. Plus, they've got nothing to lose. What's wrong with starting a family at a young age? Isn't that better? To cover up all the bad memories and replace it with new and happy ones? '

At Jenny's remarks, Dongpil nods and smiles.

' I do agree with you... Gosh, my daughter's all grown up. But... Remember to be responsible and careful with Lee Minhyuk. '

Jenny secretly blushes and nods at her father.

Year 2022
Seoul, South Korea
Penthouse, Hera Palace

A young female frantically walks around her room. Her bed was topped with tens of different types of clothing.

Joo Seokkyung grumbles in annoyance as she could not choose a perfect clothing for her so called 'date' today.

Hearing her little comments of annoyance, Suryeon pushes the room doors open to witness the pile of clothes and her daughter who was pacing around the walk in closet.

'Seokkyung ah.... What are you doing? Why are your clothes all messed up outside?'

Realizing her mother had entered her room, Seokkyung opens up her arms and runs into her mother's body.

'Eomma... Help me choose a outfit, I have to go out with Baekkyung for dinner. I don't wanna make a fool out of myself.'

As Seokkyung cutely whimpers, Suryeon smiles and strokes her daughter's hair.

'Should eomma help you?'

Pausing her actions, Seokkyung looks at her mother and smiles.

Nodding her head, she follows her mother in the closet as they choose a outfit. It was at these moments when Seokkyung truly valued the time she and her mom spent together.

In the end, they decided on a long knitted maxi dress to suit Seokkyung's tall and slim figure.

After thanking her mom and kissing her on the cheek, Seokkyung starts to fix her make up and her hair

She was nervous, she liked Baekkyung and didn't know how to act when they were going to meet later since she was always the aggressive type.

Feeling her heart thumping, she decides to dial up one person she thought could give her advices when it comes to dating.

'Seokkyung ah... It's been such a long time since you called me. What's up...?'

'I might need some help...'

It was around 6pm in New York, Rona who picked up her phone was confused as ever when Seokkyung asked for her advice.

Seokkyung simply asked her how to react on a date.

Rona chuckles at her cute question.

'Just be yourself.. Seokkyung ah if that guy truly and sincerely likes you. He has to be prepared to accept the real you. It's what love and understanding is.'

At the word 'love', Seokkyung feels her cheeks heat up and she quickly retaliates back.

'What love? It's not love, I was just pressured to go out on a dinner with him.'

Rona stiffles her chuckle and nods to the phone. She decides not to pressure Seokkyung anymore and just nods at Seokkyung's statement.

With that, the phone call ends with Seokkyung exiting her house after kissing her mom a goodbye.

Notes :
Hello to all my readers it's been so many days since I last updated. Starting now updates will take a few days. I've been organizing my documents because next month I start my 1st year in college. It's been hectic with my personal life as well and stress has been crazy, but I do promise to continue this and update. For now, I need suggestions. Scenes for instance, do message me or comment down some suggestions for thus AU. Writers block has been eating me up 😭💫

Thx for all your support ❤️
-🍑
Just a cute little chapter to heal your stress away.