26// Love

Year 2022
New York, USA
Penthouse, Shim Towers

Realizing the seriousness in her voice, Seokhoon looks up and faces his girlfriend. Holding both of Seokhoon's hands, Rona looks at his eyes and smiles at him gently.

'Seokhoon ah... I know you probably won't be happy about what I'm going to say but... Can you hear me out?'

Rather nervous, Seokhoon hesitates a bit and nods.

'I've thought about it for a while..... I want to go back to South Korea for our winter break.'

Rona said it so quick that anyone could not have understood what she just said but Seokhoon heared and understood it well enough. Seokhoon doesn't smile but he looks at his girlfriend with his serious face and suddenly squeezes both her hands.

' Rona yah... Are you really serious about this? You can still change your mind, I can book us a holiday in Denmark if you want.'

Rona frowns and pulls her hand away from her boyfriend.

'Seokhoon ah... I'm being serious. Why are you so against us going back? It's home, we haven't been back for almost 2 years.'

Frustrated, Seokhoon sighs and takes back Rona's hand

'I'm worried Rona yah... I don't want to see you suffer anymore. You finally smiled and became happy when we went away from that place, I just want to see you happy.'

Turning around once again to face him, Rona suddenly cups her boyfriend's face in her delicate hands. Shocking Seokhoon in the process and also making a shade of crimson appear on his cheeks.

' Seokhoon ah... You don't need to worry anymore. I'm fine already, I'm ready to face all that. I want to go and visit my mom. Plus your beside me... Why should I be scared? '

At her reply, Seokhoon's face softens. Holding both her hands which was on his cheeks, he finally relents and nods in defeat.

'Fine... If you say so, but you can always change your mind. I'll always be by your side so I trust you. Let's go to South Korea for Winter break.'

Finally winning this conversation, Rona squeals and pecks Seokhoon's lips out of the blue. She then quickly runs out squealing, happy that she finally got Seokhoon to agree with her.

Seokhoon, already freezed up from the attack peck suddenly runs out following Rona.

He swiftly carries the excited Rona from the back and chuckles as she fights his strong grip.

'Seokhoon ah... What are you doing? Put me down.'

Laughing, Rona tries to get Seokhoon to free her. Seokhoon had different ideas though.

Entering her bedroom, he gently lays Rona down on the bed and tickles her.
With his hushed voice he whispers.

'I told you not to make me surprised, this.... Is your punishment.'

Leaning in, Seokhoon kisses her gently. It was one of those rare passionate kisses they had in a while. It wasn't short, but it was filled with love. After pulling away to catch their breathes, they silently gaze at each other.

No words were exchanged after that, it was clear that there suddenly appeared the tensed air in the room. Seokhoon gazes at her hazel eyes and leans in once again to leave a longer kiss, slightly like a peck.

After a series of tensed eye contacts, Seokhoon breaks the silence with hus hushed voice.

'Are you.... Sure?'