"The Man Who Passes the Sentence Should Swing the Sword"

꧁~~~Evelyn Dayne~~~꧂

I twirl my blades around, holding them out to mock the two boys around me as they too prepare to attack. Jon strikes first with a lunge and I quickly sidestep, slamming the hilt of my sword against this back, sending him to the ground.

Robb then stupidly tries the same move, ending with the same result. Both the Stark's lay on the ground of the courtyard in Winterfell in frustration.

"That's three times today!"

Robb says, standing back up.

"How do you do it? Even the best skilled swordsmen struggle against two opponents."

Jon says, making me chuckle whilst sheathing my twin castle forged blades on my waist.

"Well, maybe I'm just a little better than those skilled swordsmen you speak of."

Robb and Jon chuckle, sheathing their swords as well.

"But you guys did good today."

I smile and turn, hearing several footsteps running towards us.

"Robb! Jon!"

"Well, "hello to you as well, Evelyn,"."

I say with a funny voice and Bran giggles.

"Hello, Evelyn. Could you three help me with something?"

"And what might that be?"

I ask.

"I wanted help practicing with archery."

"You sure you can handle it? You remember what happened last-"

I jab Robb in the gut with my elbow, cutting him off.

"What your brother means to say is yes, he, Jon and I would love to help you, Bran."

He smiles happily and Jon chuckle. We all move to the other side of the courtyard where the target are all set up. I look up at the balcony behind us to see Lord and Lady Stark watching us.

Lord Stark smiles at me but Lady Stark barely gives me a look, instead choosing to look at her actual children. I sigh a little. She's never liked me. Or Jon or Theon for that matter.

Bran fires an arrow, missing the target by I've a dozen feet. Instead of the target, he hits a barrel. Bran stomps his foot in frustration. Jon goes over to put his arm around Bran's shoulders.

"Go on. Father's watching... And your mother."

Bran nods with determination and continues to try and hit the target, but missing every single time. I try and fail to hold back my laughter as he launches an arrow clear over the wall, causing me, Robb and Jon to snicker.

"And which one of you were marksman at ten?"

I chuckle an almost nervous chuckle and then stop, watching as Bran tries again with encouragement from both Robb and Jon.

Bran pulls back the bow, aiming with a calm breath. I look on as an arrow soars into the bullseye, making me look at Bran in confusion as he did not fire the arrow. We all turn to see Arya with a bow in her hand and a joyful smile on her face. She giggles as Bran begins chasing after her with me, Jon, and Robb watching and laughing as they playfully chase after one another.