A New Dawn

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

Daenerys Targaryen is mine and I am hers.

I never believed that my life would ever reach this point but I have. The bare body lying in my arms proves that it truly has reached a peak. I'm on a high that I never want to come down from.

My eyes flutter open as I smile, looking at Daenerys' expression. One of joy, carefree, and overall just pure happiness. It makes me happy to see her this way after all that she's been through.

I remember how growing up in Winterfell, I would be pestered by Lady Catelyn to find a suitable husband to marry. Said something along the lines of, "it is your duty as it is yiur honor to marry and to mother children.". Lady Catelyn would only talk to me either about the prospect of marriage or if I did something that she found rude or annoying.

Thinking back on it, it makes sense now. There were those who would look at me in Winterfell, Theon Greyjoy included. Men who looked at me with lust and on rarest occasions, something more than that. But I never felt the same towards any man.

And with the completely bare woman lying my arms, her face snuggled into the crook of my neck in contempt, it makes sense why I never did have an interest in men.

I look past Dany's long silver locks, eyeing the sunrise reflecting off of the pond. I smile as the early morning sun casts a low light across the grassy landscape, warming up the area from the cool night previously. Though to be fair, it wasn't all that cold.

Gently, I move Daenerys off of my chest, making sure the spot in the grass is comfortable enough for her without waking her.

I slip on my trousers and move towards the calm still water as the softest of breezes blows.

The Sword of the Morning still hangs in the South. The bright white star in it's hilt blazing like a diamond in the dawn. The constellation in the sky still amazes me to this day.

As for Dawn, it lies on the ground near Daenerys, it's milkglass like blade shining ever so slightly from the coming sunrise. I turn back to the water, taking a deep breath of contempt as I think about the fast approaching future.

All of my life, life itself was always slow. Growing up in Winterfell made me restless. I always knew my purpose in this life was never there. My destiny isn't in the North. Or, at least not entirely. When the War of the Five Kings came along, life moved fast. In the matter of two years, I watched tens of thousands of men and women die on the battlefield, and I feel like I've killed just as many.

Vainglory and slaughtered men indeed. Maege was right about that.

A soft pair of hands wrap around my waist, fingers lacing together and the dark and dangerous thoughts of the War disperse as I lean into Dany's warm and inviting embrace.

"Good morning..."

She whispers into my back, her lips making a trail up my clothed back as she stands on her toes to reach my shoulder. I let out a soft moan, smiling softly as I turn around and place my hands on her waist, seeing the only clothes she has is my black sleeveless blouse. The sight alone puts desire in me.

"This has to be my favorite place in the world."

I say happily and Daenerys raises a brow with a soft grin.

"What, this pond in the middle of nowhere?"

"No. My favorite place in the world is wherever you are. You are my world, Daenerys Targaryen."

"Good. Because you're mine as well."

We both smile as our lips connect in a soft embrace, our tongues continuing that dance they left off from the previous night.

But before things can get heated, I pull away reluctantly, drawing a cute whine from Daenerys as her well kissed lips are swollen slightly, her violet eyes twinkling with desire.

"We should go soon."

"Mm, we should... But first..."

She smiles and pulls me into a deep kiss, immediately starting a fire as I give into her desire. There is no resisting her and I can't honestly find it within myself to try and do so.

~~~~~
A/N

They're so cute together and it's making me mushy writing about Daenerys and Evelyn being an item. I wrote this chapter to be short and sweet and I really hope you all enjoy. If you did, consider voting or commenting? Feedback on chapters is really helpful and it means the world to me seeing your guy's support!

Thank you all so much for your support and thank you for reading!!