Warm Again

~~Daenerys Targaryen~~

My mind is completely blank as my tears have frozen to my face. But despite the frigid winds and the terrible temperature, I am not cold.

I don't feel like myself.

I feel as if a dagger has been plunged in my heart and twisted. I feel anger and hate for the White Walkers and I feel agony and sorrow for what I lost. Evelyn was my whole world and he took that from me.

The Night King has proven to me just how dangerous he and the undead are. By taking my love, he has sealed his own death.

I stare blankly beyond the Wall in the watchtower, the harsh winds blowing my ruined braids wildly as I refuse to move. I hear footsteps behind me and a throat clear.

"Daenerys..."

I hear Jon's voice break as he too is devasted.

"We cannot stay here... We-"

"We leave when I say we leave, not before."

I mutter quietly, still staring at the nothingness beyond the Wall as fresh tears fall to join the frozen trails of the previous ones.

"I know that-"

"What exactly do you know, Jon Snow? Do you have any idea what Evelyn is to me..."

My words die in my throat as a sob escapes instead, and I bury my face in my gloved hands, my tears almost immediately freezing as my sorrowful cries mix with the howling wind of the Wall.

"I'm sorry, Daenerys...I truly am. But we have to go."

Jon whispers and I nod hesitantly. I look back beyond the Wall one more time and turn around, using any willpower I have left not to just leap from the Wall right now and end it. I can't stand to even still be breathing without...

"I see something!"

Someone shouts from the other watchtower on the Wall and I turn sharply, looking out with wide eyes as I see a horse trot towards the Wall.

My heart pounds in my chest as happy and sad tears stream down my cheeks as I dash out of the watchtower, making my way back down before reaching the gate.

Ser Jorah and that Tormund Giantsbane quickly open up the gates as the horse trots in, a body hunched over it before falling to the ground.

"Evelyn!"

I half scream, rushing to her as I see her eyes are barely opening before I hear her soft and barely audible mumbles.

"D-Dany... F-Find..find h-her.."

"I'm here, my love!"

I cry out before swiftly looking at the others.

"Help me with her!"

I wrap one of her arms around my shoulders, grunting in effort as I try to lift her on my own before Jon takes her other arm and we begin to carry her.

"We have to get the ship ready! Go!"

~~~~~

Jon and I bardge into the bedchambers that Evelyn and I had used previously and we immediately set her on the bed.

The bear fur over her leather armor is practically frozen as I quickly try tearing it off. It comes apart in my hands as I begin to hurriedly but carefully take off her clothes.

Her cold breath shows in the air as even in her slumber she shivers from the cold. My heart breaks as I peal off her shirt. I've seen every one of her scars, mapped out each one along with the rest of her body on an intimate scale. But it doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt seeing them.