A Promise

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"And who's fucking idea is this?"

I giant ginger man, Tormund Giantsbane asks with an almost crazed look on his face. Maybe that's just how he looks naturally.

Daenerys shivers slightly as she is certainly not dressed for the frigid temperature of the Wall and the North in General. Neither am I, frankly. The leather armor and gloves I have on isn't doing shit.

"It was mine, sir.."

Daenerys says, stepping forward and catching the ginger's attention.

"I couldn't take it upon faith that these things are real. I have to see it myself."

"You mean you don't believe what Jon fucking Crow has said to you?"

I snicker quietly at the mocking name, glancing at Jon who huffs in annoyance.

"If you weren't a Wildling, and haven't seen these things yourself, wouldn't you want proof they exist before risking everything to face them?"

Jon's advisor, whom I have come to know as Ser Davos Seaworth, questions the Wildling man.

"Good point, but stupid."

Tormund remarks as Daenerys looks slightly disheartened at that.

"So you want the Freefolk to lead a raid beyond the Wall?"

He asks with a chuckle, raising both brows at Jon.

"Look at that, Lord Crow, I'm a Crow now as well!"

He laughs a hearty laugh.

"Do you grow tired of your childish antics?"

"Who is a southern woman like you to talk to Tormund Giantsbane like that?"

He retorts back to Daenerys, glaring at her a little to which she only raises a brow with a neutral look. One of her dragons roars outside the castle of Eastwatch and Tormund's eyes widen, making me smile to myself.

"Oh shit."

He says in realization as Jon steps in front of Tormund.

"Enough, old friend. Are you going to help?"

"No shit, I'm going to help you. I've been doing that since forever ago. Now, what was the plan again?"

He grins and Daenerys groans a little in frustration as I just take her hand in mine, kissing it gently and smiling warmly at her.

Jon just shakes his head.

"We're going beyond the Wall to show Queen Daenerys that the White Walkers are real. To prove the threat is real."

"And how many did you bring?"

"Just what you see."

I say and Tormund looks at me with an expression that says, "are you fucking kidding me?"

"And three dragons."