The Black Lion Roars

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"How many of them left?"

I ask quietly, looking down at the muddy ground. The Karstark's left, despite what I did to ensure they stayed.

"All of them."

Lady Mormont says solemnly.

"So with them gone and the dead as well, how many men do we have left?"

I ask and everyone around me stays quiet.

"How many?"

I press, already knowing it isn't good.

"We started with 11,000 but now...we have a flimsy 5,000 men."

Lord Dorset, another one of my officers, speaks.

"Fucking hell..."

I whisper, rubbing my eyes and leaning back in my seat. I look at all my men around me, seeing everyone with their tired eyes, their shoulders slumped.

"May I speak freely, Commander?"

"I've never taken that right, Lord Dorset, but if you feel the need to ask permission then yes, you may."

"We should regroup with King Robb."

He says and I shake my head. He frowns even deeper.

"We've had ourselves a good run out here. We defeated the Mountain and we just struck another large blow to the Lannisters yesterday but we can't wind up for another punch if we have no muscle behind it."

He speaks out, gathering the other's attention. They all seem to agree with him.

"And with our men gathered here in large numbers, even more of them are going to die from either hunger or of disease. We need to leave."

"And how do you plan to march our remaining 5,000 all the way to Robb near the Twins?"

He sighs, not answering.

"Like it or not, gentlemen, we are pretty much stranded here in the Riverlands."

I look at them all, sighing deeply.

"But if the men wish to return to their King, I won't stop them."

I look at them all, they all seem to want the same thing. They all want to go home.

"Well...it surely was a good run, wasn't it?"

~~Adwin Lannister~~

"Adwin Lannister,

With regrets, I write this letter to you today in regards to your son. If only he'd had the sense to back off. But a lion likes it's steak, doesn't it.

But the little cub won't be eating anymore.

Your son is dead. How many more Lannisters need to die before you realize that this is a war you won't win, not while I am still breathing.

Once again, I send my regards,

Lady Evelyn Dayne"

Adwin reads out the letter, for the first time in so long, tears brim in his almost black eyes. Tywin and Kevan Lannister sit across from him at the table in Casterly Rock, clearly unsure of how to deal with their little brother.

Adwin's breathing starts to turn erratic. Voices ring in his ears and he begins to see red. All he sees is red.

"She killed my son..."

He whispers out angrily, clenching the raven letter in his hand as it crumples up. Suddenly, he bursts from his chair, slamming his fist into the table over and over again.

"She killed my fucking son! My boy! My only boy! That Dayne bitch killed my son!"

He cries out like its bloody murder. He throws everything from books to papers and candles to even a chair around the room whilst Tywin and Kevan just watch silently.

Tywin could care less, really. In his mind, Archwin was a weak link. And the chain needs to remove said links if it is to remain strong.

Kevan feels sympathy for his younger brother, having lost a son of his own. It's unknown what happened to Lancel after the Battle of Blackwater. But some reports suggest he joined some religious group of sorts. Nonsense, all of it.

Adwin tears the room to shreds, hurting a servant girl in the process before finally calming down.

He looks across at the Lord of Casterly Rock and Hand of the King, Tywin.

"I will succeed where others have failed. I'm going to kill that Dornish born piece of shit Dayne and mount her head on a spike!"

"Your own son promised the same thing yet he lays dead in the River Trident like the Targaryen Prince."

Adwin screeches in anger, drawing his sword, charging at his eldest brother. But before he gets to him, Kevan stands, slamming his fist into his little brother's face, knocking him onto the floor.

Tywin stands, narrowing his eyes at his now weeping brother.

"I will grant you this. You will take 30,000 men and kill this woman. But if you dare try as to raise arms against me again I will make your life a living hell."

Tywin spits on the ground near Adwin.

"Remember this, little brother."

Tywin turns and leaves the room. Kevan starts to leave, looking back once at Adwin in sympathy before turning and following Tywin.

Adwin lays on the floor, staring up at the ceiling motionlessly. Soon he begins to cackle. He breaks out into fits of laughter as he knows he finally got what he wanted. Men enough to kill her.

"I'm going to kill you...Evelyn Dayne."

~~~~~
A/N

Ooooooh shiiii. More stuff going down baby! The Lannister brothers have more conflict! But yeah, Adwin is pissed and now he's gonna go try hard mode trying to kill Evelyn.

Stick around to find out what happens to them all.

Love you all and thank you so much for reading!