The Sword of the Morning

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I walk through the long passageways and halls, effortlessly putting end to anyone trying to stop me. I'm completely focused as not one thought strays from my mind. I'm focused on him. Killing him, to be more specific.

Rickon follows closely behind me, really just watching as another soldier tries to stop me. Without a weapon I dodge his strike, punching him right in the throat, making him choke on his breath.

"Come on, we're going to go have a chat."

I wrap my hand around his throat and start dragging him effortlessly as we make our way to the great hall.

Reaching the doors, I kick them open as hard as I can, nearly knocking the solid wooden doors off their hinges as I stare across the room at the murderous snake sitting on the throne.

Instantly, several of his men draw swords but he raises his hand, stopping them, eyes never straying from me as I step inside, still dragging the man with one hand.

Lifting the man up, I squeeze as hard as I can around his throat, hearing him cough and choke before finally hearing the tell tale noise of a neck snapping.

I toss him to the floor in front of me without a care.

I look across at Darkstar who holds Dawn in his hand, still looking at me. Edric is on his knees beside the throne. Darkstar looks like he was expecting me. He knows what's coming for him.

"I challenge you: one warrior to another. And only the strongest shall uphold the right to Dawn!"

I say aloud, clenching my fists tightly as the tension inside the room increases. His men look hesitant as they look back to him, expectantly.

Darkstar stands, taking a few steps down, still glaring at me.

"So be it. Give her her sword."

A man takes a sword from his belt and throws it towards me. It clatters to the ground as it's momentum carries it across the floor before I kick it up to my hand, feeling my sword's grip tightly.

I let out a growl as I raise my sword up.

"And now it begins."

I say and Darkstar raises Dawn and charges towards me. I run at him and we clash in the middle of the hall.

Darkstar gets the advantage as he presses the attack, forcing me to fall back into defense as I deflect several strikes levied against me.

He slashes at my feet, forcing me to step back as he keeps gaining more ground, closing me in at the entrance.

With one powerful swing, I force him to stumble slightly and I take advantage of his falter by kicking him hard in the side, causing him to drop to the ground. I swing down and he rolls out of the way, growling in frustration as he retreats from me.

I start to press on but my eyes widen when his hand reached for a throwing knife. He throws one and I narrowly deflect the incoming blade. He throws another and I dodge.

We both raise our sword up, bringing them down hard and he manages to catch mine in a lock. He hits me in the face with his elbow as pain shoots through my head.

Growing, while still in the blade lock, I slam my head against his, knocking him and myself back as my head starts to hurt a little bit.

"Is that all you've got? I would have..figured the daughter of Arthur Dayne would have a little more something."

He mocks but he's running out of breath.

"Come on!"

I shout but he backs off, taking several steps back. My eyes widen as I quickly jump out of the way, rolling continuously as I avoid his throwing knives.