The Wary She-Wolf

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

Nearly three weeks have passed thus far and things are going swimmingly. Productivity is steady and well and moral around Winterfell seems well. Though, there have been small scuffles between the Northerners and some of Dany's Dothraki and Unsullied but it never went to blood.

If there's anything going wrong, it's the Northerners that are causing it. Every little problem that happens, they go ahead and blame it on us, whether we had anything to do with it or not.

It's reached its peak today when this morning, a Northman decked a Dornishman for accidentally knocking over a rack of Dragonglass weapons.

To say that everyone is a little pissed at each other would be an understatement.

"I just don't understand. Don't they see that we're here to help them? That we're on their side?"

Daenerys huffs a bit in frustration as we walk through the courtyards, snow and mud making her slide a little bit.

I sigh a little bit.

"The Northerners are a suspicious and honorable people. Though, I have yet to see their valiant honor."

I remark a little as we continue walking. As we walk through the courtyards, fighting men and women look at the two of us with narrowed eyes, some whispering amongst themselves as they stare.

I just don't understand what the North has become. I don't understand anything here anymore. This place that used to be my home has changed. The people have changed and it looks nothing like the old.

Except the bloody cold weather is still the same.

"I need to let off some steam."

Daenerys mumbles a bit and I raise a brow with a low smirk.

"Really? Here in front of all these people? We haven't done anything that risky since that time in Meereen where we-"

"Okay, okay, don't finish that sentence."

Daenerys blushes crimson and I chuckle at her slight embarrassment as she looks around us.

"What's the matter? Wasn't it you that said you wanted to do it in front of a crowd once to show everyone that I was yours?"

"Evelyn!"

"Okay, okay..I'm done."

She blushes even deeper as she turns away.

"I meant with a sword."

"Promise you will actually follow through with the entire thing?"

Daenerys huffs a cute huff and she nods, making me smile the fact of just how adorable she can be sometimes.

"Steel or Dragonglass?"

I ask and she looks to the racks of different weapons, some made from regular castle forged steel whilst the majority are Dragonglass. The only things that kill the Wights aside from fire is Deagonglass and Valyrian Steel.

If only there were more Valyrian Steel in the world.

"Dragonglass. I want to be better prepared for the weight when it comes to combat."