Darkstar

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I wish I didn't have to wake up. Seeing Daenerys again has given me strength to keep moving forward with life. She gives me strength in my darkest moments. I only wish I can see her in person.

Opening my eyes, I see the sun rise from my balcony and I smile, feeling the cool breeze blow my hair slightly. I stretch a little, cracking my back as I sigh in contempt.

Looking back, I move into my bedchamber, seeing my sword belt still clattered onto the floor along with the back scabbard. I pick them up and put them on. I've never been able to feel comfortable without my swords on or near me so now I feel good.

I step outside into the hall, walking along slowly without any real destination mind. I just soak in the sights of the House Dayne and House Martell banners decorating the walls, filling the halls with colors of red, orange and violet, mixed with the blue from the sky coming through the windows.

I turn the corner and make my way to the courtyards.

The gardens are rather peaceful. Peaceful and rather quiet. The only sounds to be heard are from the beautiful water fountains and the birds chirping cheerfully.

Starfall is just a good place. The only thing that annoys me is that stupid stormcloud off in the distance. I guess we'll have a storm coming through soon.

"Evelyn."

I turn around, seeing Aunt Ashara sitting down on one of the many stone benches.

"How did-"

"You were deep in thought, dear. I didn't want to disturb you."

She stands, looking towards the exit of the gardens.

"I'm sorry."

"Wait."

I stop her from leaving. She turns to face me and I sigh.

"I'm sorry with how disrespectful I was the other day..when we spoke of my father and Ned Stark... I was just...so.."

"I understand, Evelyn. I understand your anger and pain. You never were given the chance to know your father... Do you want to hear about him?"

I nod with a smile and she motions to the bench. We both sit down.

"Where would you like me to begin?"

"Anywhere. It does not matter to me."

"As you wish."

She clears her throat.

"During the Great Tourney of Harrenhal, Arthur bested some of the greatest knights in the land. He rode against knights from every corner of the Seven Kingdoms and dueled the deadliest of opponents. He even fought Barriston Selmy and won."

She smiles brightly as if reliving these memories with her brother.

"I was there, sitting beside Oberyn and Elia Martell. I even got the chance to hold little Aegon during the tourney. The people cheered so loud for Arthur that I thought the ground would split open. But his cheer paled in comparison to the Crown Prince."