East

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I watch the sun slowly rise as I tighten the straps of my new armor. It's brigandine armor that resembles the set I had during the war, but it's black, bearing the House Dayne sigil on the front in violet.

My hair is slowly but steadily growing back. I can put it up in a small but messy bun again. That's something at least.

I strap my scabbard on my back along with my sword belt, sheathing my regular sword as I make my way down the docks.

It's been weeks since the defeat of Darkstar. I helped Edric get things under control at Starfall, fixing what was broken between House Dayne and the Daynes of High Hermitage. It's safe to say that nobody misses Gerold Dayne.

It's still hard to process that Aunt Ashara is gone. Though our encounter was brief, she meant so much to me. I hope that one day I will be able to see her again in the next life.

I smile despite the hardships I've been through. Despite the horrors and hardships, I survived. I survived and I was able to make things better for people.

I know I've killed so many it's hard to keep count. I used to think that I would never be able to come back from it. That I was a monster. I can still feel the anger I hold inside me. But, still, I know I am more than that.

Better than that.

I get down to the docks, seeing several Dayne bannermen gathering stuff up, several working already on the ship. Several nod to me, giving the "my Lady" greetings. It still is hard to get used to the fact that now I am the Lady of Starfall.

I'm only taking a dozen or so to go and meet her.

"Are you sure you want to leave right now?"

I turn around, finishing putting on my black leather gloves and I smile, seeing Edric with a sad expression.

"You don't have to leave so soon."

"Edric, we talked about this before. It's been four weeks, I think you have things under control, now."

I say, and he still doesn't seem to happy about my leaving.

"I'm sorry, Edric. I wish I could stay with you here at Starfall but..."

I look eastwards at the sea, sighing.

"My destiny isn't here."

"I understand."

Edric says sadly. But soon he smiles, moving towards the table and picking up the sword Dawn. He holds it out for me as I eye it, seeing the blade shine brightly in the sunlight.

No matter how many times I touch it or how long I will have it in my possession, I still will never get over the fact that I have the sword.

And I actually earned it.

Well, sort of. I'm no knight so I do not technically have the title. But from the looks I received after the duel, I don't think anyone's going to challenge that for some time.

"So the plan is to sail to Sunspear to resupply and then sail to Meereen."

"Where this Targaryen woman is."

Edric says and I nod with a smile. It still feels surreal that I'm going to go see her.

I open my arms and Edric quickly hugs me, drawing a chuckle from myself as I hug back.

"Daenerys Targaryen will one day sail to Westeros. And when she does, I want you to call the banners to her side."

"I will. I promise. All of Dorne will stand beside you."

I smile at the young boy, giving him one more hug before turning to the ship.

"Time to test my sea legs."

I remark, climbing aboard the ship as several men start putting up the sail. The sails are violet in coloration, the sigil with the white sword and star marking it proudly.

For the first time in a long time, I feel as if everything is going to be alright. I'm going to see her and that's all that matters now.

~~~~~
A/N

So with this chapter, that basically concludes Season 4 of Game of Thrones. I know I skipped over a lot of things this season, only really mentioning the death of Joffrey but I hope you guys like this.

And yeah, Evelyn's got the sword! I've been working up to that moment since the very first chapter.

Hope you all enjoy!