The Art of Compromise

~~Daenerys Targaryen~~

I sit on the throne inside the Great Pyramid, looking down at Hizdahr Zo Loraq and Daario. They've just returned from Yunkai.

"The mission to Yunkai was a resounding success. The Wise Masters of Yunkai have agreed to cede power to a council of elders, made up of both the freedmen and the former slaveholders. All matters of consequences will be brought to you for review."

"Good."

I reply rather impatiently as I pretty much twiddle my thumbs. Waiting is a terrible thing. I've waited years and years to return to Westeros. I've wait years for Evelyn to come to me and now she finally is.

To say my patience is stretching would be an understatement.

"They did however, ask for some concessions."

"Concessions?"

I ask in confusion while narrowing my eyes. If those former slavers want anything of me, I can give them fire and blood. I'm half tempted to do so already.

"Politics is the art of compromise, Your Grace."

"I'm not a politician. I'm a queen."

"Forgive me. You're right, of course. Still, it's easier to rule happy subjects than angry ones."

"I don't expect the Wise Masters to be happy.

'Nor do I care.'

"Slavery made them rich, I ended slavery."

I say, narrowing my eyes further at Hizdahr Zo Loraq as he just shakes his head.

"They do not ask for the return of slavery. They ask for the re-opening of the fighting pits."

I scoff, raising a brow at the man.

"The fighting pits? Where slaves fought slaves to the death?"

"In the new world that you've brought to us, free men would fight free men."

Daario pulls out his dagger silently, eyeing the man briefly before looking at me with a flirtatious smile. It makes me sick to be quite honest.

"The pit fighters you liberated plead for this opportunity. Bring some here and ask them yourself."

"No fighting pits."

"Opening them will show the people of Yunkai and Meereen that you respect their traditions-"

"I do not respect the tradition of human cockfighting."

"If you-"

"No."

I say, tone turning dangerous as Hizdahr Zo Loraq takes a step back, eyes widened.

"How many times do you need to be told no before you finally understand?"

I ask and he swallows nervously. I smirk.

"Leave us."

I say, and Hizdahr Zo Loraq leaves. Daario doesn't move whatsoever.

"Did you not just hear me?"

I ask and Daario only smirks that stupid cocky smirk. His eyes undress me every time I meet them and it disgusts me. Drogo looked at me before in the same light but our hearts grew close. I liked it then.

I motion to the exit and Daario merely nods, turning around and walking out of the room, acting like he owns the damn place. As soon as he leaves I sigh, rubbing my eyes.

"Men.."

I remark to no one in particular. They either want to stab people with their swords or stab a woman with their other sword.

It's sick.

~~~~~
A/N

Not much to mention really.

Thanks for reading!