An Understanding

~~Daenerys Targaryen~~

The defenses are going rather well. Pretty much everything has been set up and further plans have been made. We know that this won't be an easy fight by any means.

But with Evelyn leading, I'm sure we will see the dawn to come.

The game of waiting is something I am used to but it is one I do not like playing. To have to wait for something to happen is quite miserable. Now, if we were actually somewhere warm, I would be better off. But the Northern weather doesn't seem to be liking me all that much.

And the feeling is mutual.

The Lady of Winterfell still gives me glares every now and then when I see her. I've meant to go and apologize but I can't find it within myself to do so. It's her problem that she's being so stuck up.

But I can understand her concern with me. I'm a Targaryen. The last time the Starks went South to meet one, the father and son never came back so I can see where her mistrust comes from. It doesn't mean it doesn't hurt any less.

Though, not all of the Starks are like her. Jon has become a true friend since meeting him and seeing him with Evelyn acting like fools is quite amusing and heartwarming. Brandon seems very strange to me and I thought I've seen some strange things on the other side of the world. The one Evelyn refers to as the Wild Wolf, Arya, is alright. I have yet to have a conversation with that one but we've seen each other now and again and I don't sense much hostilities from her.

Then again, the rumors spreading around about her and Tyene Sand are probably keeping her from trying to stick out.

It's quite lovely that Tyene had found love again. Perhaps it isn't love but it's always possible.

Walking alone through the snowy and muddy courtyards of Winterfell, I see a few Northmen and my Unsullied finish up on a few things. Some of my Dothraki and Unsullied train together but they keep separate from the Northmen.

The bitterness from the North still irks me to no end.

I wander around a bit aimlessly, waiting for Evelyn to finish her conversation she went to have with Lady Sansa. But as I round a corner, entering a different courtyard, I notice the one handed man speaking with a rather tall woman.

Jaime Lannister and Brienne of Tarth.

I narrow my eyes as I watch the Kingslayer talk with Brienne, seeing how whenever she says something, he smiles. Perhaps there is something more there that meets the eye.

I walk a fast pace towards them, the Kingslayer's back towards me as I approach. Brienne of Tarth notices me and clears her throat, tapping Jaime's shoulder, making him turn to face me, eyes widening.

"Your Grace."

He bows lightly, his words quiet as I see him and Brienne tense up.

"Lady Brienne, I was hoping to speak with Ser Jaime...alone."

Jaime turns to Brienne, nodding slightly as she nods to me.

"Of course, Your Grace."

Lady Brienne walks away hesitantly, leaving me with just Ser Jaime standing in the courtyard.