Dragon Dreams

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"We're almost there, my Lady. We just have to sail around the Ruins of Old Valyria."

"How many times, Rickon, do I have to ask you to just call me Evelyn. I'm no Lady."

Rickon just shrugs with a smirk.

"As many times as you wish, my Lady."

I roll my eyes as I lean against the railing of the ship, looking down into the water. I didn't quite cross the Narrow Sea but it feels all the same. Being on a ship for weeks at a time is definitely not my strong suit.

But being able to swim every now and then while the crew sleeps is definitely my thing.

I sigh, looking at Rickon.

"Have you ever been to the Ruins of Old Valyria?"

I ask and he shakes his head, looking confused.

"There's a split where the mainland was broken apart and sperated entirely from the continent. It's now called the Smoking Sea."

His eye widen.

"You can't seriously be thinking about going through there?"

I just shrug.

"Yeah, I do actually."

Rickon looks around somewhat nervously an anxious.

"But... There's krakens and stonemen in Valyria."

I chuckle.

"Stonemen, yes, probably. Now krakens on the other hand? No. Those do not exist and the ones that do are back stabbing pieces of shit."

He looks confused at the remark about Theon but I just shake it off.

"We will be fine. It will cut our journey's time down and we'll get to Meereen sooner."

"I swear to the gods that if I get Grayscale.."

"You'll be fine. We'll all be fine. Give the order to direct our course to the Smoking Sea."

I order and Rickon relents, sighing.

"Yes, my Lady."

I roll my eyes at that and return to leaning against the railing, looking at the course ahead. I glance behind me before looking back ahead. I remember the words of a man in my army once said to me once we departed from Robb and the others.

"Don't bother looking back. We're not going back there."

Now, I don't know if that man is alive anymore. I never even knew his name. I glance behind me again, hoping that his words don't come about to be true.

But there is wisdom in them. Don't dwell on the past or you'll get stuck in it. That's just how I'm going to interpret his words.

I sigh, looking at the setting sun and the few stars already shining high in the sky. I turn around, making my way to the door before briefly looking back ahead of the ship, seeing the ruins slowly coming into view.