Love Under the Stars

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I rear my horse up in cheer as Daenerys looks down to me from Drogon with a smile.

"Come with me, Evelyn."

My eyes widen when I realize what she's asking and I don't hesitate to climb off the horse, snatching my pack of things. I step towards Drogon who peers at me for a few moments before recognizing me.

"Hey, boy."

I grin as he lowers his wing.

"Thanks."

I climb onto Drogon's back and sit behind Daenerys, watching how her violet eyes light up and how her smile only grows.

"We will fly ahead to Meereen."

Drogon's scales are hot and I only feel a little nervous. That confidence though soon increases when Daenerys takes my hands and puts them on her waist, making me blush crimson.

I hug her back and she chuckles.

"You're the most amazing woman I have ever known, Dany."

I whisper only to her and I can feel her blush.

"It's funny, really. I was just about to say the same thing to you."

She turns back to Daario and the Dothraki.

"Ride fast to Meereen. We'll see you there."

She leaves no room for argument as she says those magic words, getting Drogon to flap his wings as he launches into the sky.

We fly for many hours and the excitement never wears off. I remember how during the War it would take weeks to get from here to there but on the back of a dragon, we can see the whole world in a day.

And all the while, Daenerys has the happiest look on her face the entire time. Her family were born to fly and this is where she belongs: in the air on the back of a dragon.

'And in my arms.'

It's selfish to want such a thing but I can't help it.

Eventually we come to a massive open grass field where a rather large pond rests towards the middle with a single tree by the water.

Drogon lands, making the grass blow wildly as I climb down from his wing, helping Daenerys down as well.

My legs and thighs ache a bit from the long flight but I'm still happy. I turn to the still water, the sun in the sky starting to sink low.

"It's beautiful..."

I whisper as Daenerys nods in agreement, turning back to Drogon.

"Go and hunt but come back to us soon."

Drogon let's out a huff and takes off into the air, disappearing over a hill in just a few seconds.

Daenerys returns to my side and her fingers enlace with mine and I blush.

"This place is beautiful."

"You just said that."

Daenerys chuckles but nods with agreement.

"It's so untouched... It's paradise."

She says and I take my pack off, setting it on the ground, taking out a small blanket and a few dried things to eat.