Dragon Riders

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"I still do not get what your sister meant, Jon."

"It doesn't matter who the rightful ruler of the North is."

"But it will matter. When the war is done.."

I turn around, seeing Jon and Daenerys approach me. Men all around us continue with the work on the defenses as I approach my lover and friend. Their discussion looks a bit heated but they quickly quiet down when they notice me.

"Is everything alright?"

I ask and Daenerys opens her mouth to speak but Jon just steps forward.

"Sansa and Daenerys just had a disagreement, is all. Nothing that can't be healed over time, I guess."

I narrow my eyes whilst raising a brow at his obvious lie.

"Sure. And what's the real reason?"

"That is the real reason."

"Jon, don't try to bullshit a bullshitter. I grew up with you, I know when you're lying."

Jon huffs a bit as he looks away. I look at Daenerys raising a brow in question but she just sighs.

"It's nothing."

She looks to the ground. Whatever it is, it looks like it troubles both of them greatly. And if it involves Sansa or I than that it can be understood.

"Alright. I trust you."

Daenerys perks up at that and there's a sadness in her eyes. She knows that I know that Jon and her are lying. But I won't push the subject for now.

"You want to see how the defenses are coming along?"

I ask and they both nod. Daenerys moves beside me, linking her arm with mine and holding tightly. I can feel her try to make me look at her but I don't make an effort to meet her gaze.

"The Wildfire has been all set up on the baricade way yonder. The Dothraki, Dornish and Unsullied are in good spirits. I talked with Ellaria earlier about sending some of the Dornish back to Dorne to gather more men."

"They wouldn't show up in time."

Jon says and I look at him.

"And why not? The Night King is still stuck beyond the Wall with no way of crossing. We have more time to gather more men and make better strategies."

"Can we all just have a quiet moment of peace?"

Daenerys asks and I sigh a little.

"I'm sorry, love."

"It's okay."

I look at her and smile when I see hers.

"Evelyn-"

The sound of horses approaching catch my attention as I see a few of Dany's bloodriders approach. The three of us make our way over to them, Dany and I already knowing what it's about.