The Cry for War

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I clench my fist tightly as I read the letter beside Robb.

"Treason? Sansa wrote this?"

He asks in confusion.

"It is your sister's hand, but the Queen's words."

Maester Luwin says.

"You are summons to King's Landing to swear fealty to the new King."

"Oh, that's horseshit."

I spit angrily.

"The little prick, Joffrey, puts Lord Stark in chains and now he wants his ass kissed?"

I say, mind still reeling over the news. Lord Stark imprisoned due to treason? It's a lie. The same exact lie that got his brother and father executed by the Mad King.

"This is a royal command, my lord. If you should refuse to obey-"

Robb stands from his seat abruptly.

"Oh, I won't refuse. His Grace summons e to King's Landing, I'll go to King's Landing... But not alone. Call the banners."

My eyes widen and so does Maester Luwin's. This war now.

"All of them, my lord?"

"They've all sword to defend my father, have they not?"

"They have."

"Now we see what their words are worth."

Robb says and Maester Luwin nods, leaving the hall. It's just me and Robb now. He sits back down, visibly shaking.

"Are you afraid?"

I ask.

"I must be. I'm shaking.."

"That's good."

"Why is that good?"

I smirk.

"Because it means you aren't stupid."

Robb rolls his eyes.

"That makes me feel so much better. I just declared war on the most powerful southern House in Westeros."

"Yeah, you did. But the North stands behind you. I stand beside you, Robb. I'll fight with you, now and always."

I hold my arm out to him and he looks at it for a moment before looking back at me with a smile. He take my arm with his.

"Now and always."

~~~~~

The Bannermen of the North has gathered here in the hall of Winterfell. Dozens of men eat, drink and laugh with each other, their banners behind them. The Bolton's, Glovers, Umbers, and Karstark's all are here.

I pet Ashara under the table, feeling almost out of place here. Greatjon Umber sits at the far end of the table whilst Robb sits at the other end. Greatjon has been arguing about leading the Vanguard for over twenty minutes and it's been getting on our nerves.